Sunday 26 February 2023

From SebastianR: Bustin' (out the) Ghosts [Black and White & Limousine] (85)

It’s about the get spooky up in here, but first, I need to take a quick trip in Lady Sarah’s Limousine. At first I thought that I had no female figures to paint this year, and my mobility around the challenge map was greatly limited. Then I realised that one of the first figures I completed was in fact female.


After my first few passes over my Finns I realised I was going to have to paint something on the side in order to break up the monotony. Thus I embarked on a series of ghosts following a scheme I found on Gardens of Hecate. I found this scheme so chill that I started searching for more ghosts in the lead pile and eventually made a few bids on eBay for Age of Sigmar "chainrasp hordes" (which failed).

Which brings me to the Black and White studio and the miniature that started it all, an Age of Sigmar wraith (I think). In order the achieve this scheme I had to import Secret Weapon Dark Wood from the States at vast expense, the range being effectively unknown in the UK.


I then went onto strip my old Warhammer wraith and banshee in order to repaint them.

I particularly enjoyed the directional rattlecan highlighting.

The original orange hair was a tribute to a high school classmate who was… well… if you know what a wee Glaswegian wifey sounds like… An adolescent jab now consigned to the past.

This lead to the search through the lead pile which unearthed 5 ghostly naginata armed samurai from the Kensei Undead kickstarter I backed years ago. At some point I’ll multibase them for Kings of War/Warhammer.

I’m rather worried about the storage of the miniatures. The weapons are made of extremely soft metal, they bend to the slightest touch; it’s a matter of time ‘til they break.

Finally, if the Typhus Corrosion is too colourful for black and white (I know it isn’t, others have used actual colours!) this sarcophagus was painted using only black and white.

(Ok and some stains on the inside in Seraphim Sepia)

So that’s the whole ghostly gang.

That’s 8 28mm figures at 5 points each for 40 points

One tiny piece of terrain 1" by 1" by 1.5" worth ~1 points

And 2 challenge locations at 20 points each for 40

For a total of 81 points


Seb goes for the hat trick of post with a beautiful set us spooky stuff. You've got black and White nicely covered with these horrors. Well done. THe coffin look smore like an objective marker than terrain so i'm going to score it 5 pts

9 comments:

  1. Let someone else have a go would you!
    Nice ghosts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great spectres, Sebastian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Sebastian! The repaint is an improvement on the banshee, but the older one wasn't too bad either. Just proof that girls don't always appreciate being painted like the French girls! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bunch of undead!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Sebastien, the banshee is superb

    ReplyDelete