Sunday 26 February 2023

From SebastianR: Freelance Knight [Casting Couch] (35)

Now this is how you AHPC properly. A single mini. A single location. Ok, it’s 2 minis, three if you count the horse, which as we all know, in Warhammer (and Mordheim) is the most deadly force on the battlefield.

This is a classic Mordheim Freelance Knight who will be pulling duty as a… um, Freelance Knight in our game of Mordheim. From the off he’s been a fixture of my Halfling warband, providing some much needed fast moving melee power in a campaign which already features a rat ogre and a croxigor. I think he justifies the casting couch position on the challenge map, not only for the above, but because, in my head at least, he’s the point of view character for my Halfling warband as they tear up the map, and the ale cellars of any publican unlucky enough to find himself in their way.

This is a model from my childhood. I could have sworn I took a picture of him pre-stripping of paint, but alas, that does not seem to be the case. Honestly, I don’t think my painting has improved that much since then (he came from the tail end of my initial wargaming life, right before I went to uni). But I have discovered washes, which cover a multitude of sins, and I’ve learned techniques for the painting of horses (deployed to mixed results here). I’ve definitely chosen a more neutral pallet than last time, but I’ve been more adventurous with, say, the field on the shield.

5 for the dismounted figure

10 for the mounted

And 20 bonus points for 35 all in


Lovely work, shame you didn't you complete the bases but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the number of posts you have so I'll let it slide this time

10 comments:

  1. Nice work on a fine figure. There’s a bit of Don Quixote about him

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A kingdom for a horse" - a quote made famous by WHFB...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice knight(s), Sebastian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real Empire WFB classic. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. Old figure. The mounted version in my pile of opportunity and the foot a Frostgrave warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On of my favorite minis from Mordenheim and you painted him wonderfully! I love the droopy mustache!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic figure, lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete