Tuesday 14 March 2023

From MattW: medieval bits! (49 points)

 Medieval bits 

First up a few buildings from Tabletop World plastic 28mm range to add to my medieval building collection. 

I spackle finish (pre mixed plaster) the gaps between the collombage. I mask the collombage (paint on mask all) then add the plaster, let set a little, go back and then dapple with a tooth brush to give it texture and to hide the tabs that they come with. I then undercoat and paint with artist acrylics , then add washes etc. I have also done some interior work as I can then use them for skirmish gaming. When I complete my castle build later this year they will be put on village bases that slot onto the castle board for instant city scape. 

Farm manor and outbuildings 









Terrain x 3 pieces  14 points 
Main building 4 inches x 4 x 5.5 inches
Stable 3 x 4 x 4 
Outbuilding 3 x 4 x 4 

Then a siege engine, a mix of foundry and mirliton miniatures (foundry crew). This has been sitting around since my last medieval entry as I wanted to add a counterweight for the stone and have my crew reloading it or pulling it as the lever is not really correct to my engineering mind, I eventually just gave up and made the counterweight and added cordage. 





28mm Siege artillery and and two crew 20 points


Finally a mounted and dismounted personality, closer to renaissance than medieval really from the Perry WOTR range.





28mm mounted and dismounted miniatures 15 points

Cheers
Matt



Nice work for your second post of the day, Matt.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your points claims are off somewhat. The buildings come out as 150 cubic inches, which is 0.7 terrain cubes, so 14 points. And the siege engine is a crew served weapon, so that's 10 points rather than 15.

Tamsin

20 comments:

  1. She's holding the points line on her last day! Excellent Medieval and later bits Matt. really like those buildings, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, hence the question mark against the score! First terrain entry for the competition ever….I feel dirty

      Delete
  2. Great idea with the spackle Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent buildings. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, going to be added to my medieval city

      Delete
  4. Those real estate assets caught my eye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking medieval entry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the building, very effective treatment with an excellent result. The siege engine and the posh persons are also looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on the buildings, Matt! They look more solid resin than multipart plastic. I quite like the laboring crew on the war machine and your lord figure definitely seems to have dubious vibes! ;)

    ReplyDelete