Tuesday 14 March 2023

From MattW: Yellow Brick road, 80s studio, super hero’s, lady Sarah Limousine , books (165 points)

 Final Studios wip round! 

Leaving the casting couch I travel on the yellow brick road to 80s studio, then super heroes, finally  then my last lady Sarah limousine ride to books and then I have completed all of the inner blue studios. Now off to see the director for the final blockbuster! 





Yellow brick road

To travel on the yellow brick road I offer the camera team van of the Pathè Journal! A 20mm Diecast repaint, I hand painted the sign writing  and had an attempt at the Pathè Journal rooster ! This will join my 20mm ww2 collection. 





20mm vehicle          15 points
Yellow Brick Road 20 points

80s Studio

The next offering is my 1980s studio, a diecast Ford Capri. The first project car I worked on in 1987 was with one of my lifelong friends Rob Gow. His Capri was his dream car and together we sanded back, sprayed, pulled down the motor and rebuilt it from the ground up to show condition over two years. Rob was rewarded with a number of trophies around Sydney for the car including being featured in issue 1 of Ford Power in Australia, then later we installed a big block engine to produce 720 brake horsepower for sprint racing, the car again was featured in Street Machine, finally the car became a racing car and sadly was bent up completely and wrecked on a bend at the racing track in Goulburn. Sadly Rob passed in February this year from Cancer and this is my tribute to him, certainly a feature of my 80s. 







Diecast 20mm car.       15 Points
80s studio                    20 points 

Super Hero’s 

A term that is bandied about a lot is Super Hero, for me as an Aussie are the young Australian men who landed at Gallipoli and then went on to fight in the Palestinian campaign, France and Russia are my heroes. Here I offer up to you a 75mm miniature of an WW1 Australian gunner. 





75mm miniature          15 Points 
Super Hero Studio.  20 points 

Lady Sarah Limousine 

Next up is a short ride from Super Hero studio to the book studio if I may. I offer a French Revolution peasant ready to run someone through! The miniature is from the Foundry French Revolution range.

 



28mm miniature 5 points
Lady Sarah Limousine 20 points

Book Studio

One of my biggest influences when growing up was books, as we had no TV reception in the mountains of NSW until I was ten, and then no colour TV in our house until I was 15. Books are a big influence on me still today and I have a library full of them. One of my favourite book series was Biggles…. So I offer up a 1/72 Revell Sopwith triplane, as I have already completed my camels some years ago! 






1/72-20mm aircraft       15 points
Book Studio            20 Points


Off to see the director for my final entry 

Cheers
Matt




Well, I can't fault your maths on this one. Excellent miniatures and vehicles!

Tamsin

19 comments:

  1. Great looking stuff all round Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Sopwith - you’ve nailed the colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, two more to do this week perhaps

      Delete
  3. Wonderful vehicles and stand alones. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Matt, the triplane is my favourite and like you loved reading Biggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hence 60 plus ww1 aircraft in my collection with possibly another 30 to build and paint!

      Delete
  5. Excellent varied entry, love the French revolutionary peasant and capri!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice variation in this post, I like the Australian gunner and the triplane! And Biggles was a favourite of mine too, I’m quite sure I must still have a stack of pockets somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mate, I enjoyed painting the big chap! He will join my other large figures I have three more to do this year plus two busts

      Delete
  7. Nice mix of mini goodness, Matt! I do like the vicks in Ford blue very much, nice remembrance of your friend. I agree too that the aussies were the very stalwarts and I never regretted any mission I did with the kiwi spec ops. ( check out the drip rifle circa ww1) My favorite piece is your tri-plane...I honestly didn't know they built one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers David, our village in Australia lost 25% of the village men in ww1, 6 of 22 the men who departed never returned.

      Delete
  8. Ooh,
    Love the lady French Revolutionary ..I think these formidable women were known as Marianne’s … the embodiment of liberty, egalite, fraternite and reason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lettering on the van, and the triplane is ace!

    ReplyDelete