Saturday 11 March 2023

From RayR - Almansa 1707 - French Du Burdal's Brigade 26pts

 


With only 9 days left of the Challenge, I'm gonna have to admit defeat, I'm not going to get all the figures finished for my Almansa project in time, like I hoped I would. 😟


So plodding along we come to Du Burdal's Brigade.


DuBurdal's brigade fought in the Centre 2nd Line under Lt Gen Hessy.


The all grey units are broken up by one red coated unit.


The units in the brigade are as follows, Lannoy's 1st and 2nd Battalions, a Savoyard unit Tess, the unusually named Labour and finally the red coated Miromesnil, a Wallon regt.


Tess


Miromesnil


Lannoy, 1st and 2nd. The 1st is carrying the Kings colour. A white cross on a white background???


The points are pretty easy on the great Irregular minis.
 5 x bases @ 5 points each = 25pts
Du Burdal = 1/2 point
So a total on 25.5
Which my Minion Stuart will no doubt up to 26 points?

Well, I wasn't going to give you the extra 1/2 point bonus this week, but since I can't be bothered to change the total in the post title, I guess you'll get the extra 0.5 points. Nice work as always Ray, it's a shame that you won't be able to get everything finished. If it is any consolation, I think you have beaten everyone else in the challenge in terms of 'number of figures painted'.  

20 comments:

  1. This has been a great project Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project has been interesting to watch grow, Ray! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin. I just need a couple of weeks more to complete it.

      Delete
  3. Well done Ray, how many more to go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been great following your determined progress on this Ray. I shall be checking in on you next month to see if you get it finished! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is, I always slow down after the Challenge ends. I used up all my browny points.

      Delete
  5. It has indeed been great following your project. I have, in fact, been inspired to at least starting cleaning and basing my 2mm figures. So well done Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can’t give up Ray! You’ve got a week and a half to pull out all of the sandbagging stops.

    I’ve really enjoyed this project. I want to see an AAR

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done such a great banging away at this project, Ray. I think it all looks fabulous, and like Peter, look forward to seeing a AAR on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Ray, you must have them nearly all done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Ray - this project seems so close, well done to have stuck with it for these past months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep going, could do with another few weeks really.

      Delete
  10. This is a grand project Ray! I will try to catch up on your blog. They are going to look great arrayed for battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should look pretty cool all arrayed in battle order. I'm looking forward to that myself.

      Delete