Wednesday 17 January 2024

From BrianC: A little of everything (228 points)

Hello all. I'm happy with my progress! This challenge really helped me with getting my 3d printed scatter terrain painted. Here's a photo of my submission:


Let's begin with the 3d printed scatter terrain. Like the previous submission, I'm using the 6"x 6" cube measurement paper. The scatter terrain fills 2 cubes of the 6"x 6" cube. 







This is my entry for the "Overdues and Returns" topic. I painted a Warhammer 40K Dark Vengeance Terminator. I have this set and never finished painting this set. I have my own faction, Desert Angels. I like the tan and camo style. 







Please welcome, Torch McHugh, IMF Flame Thrower! This is a wonderful metal Reaper Miniature! I had a blast painting this one!






I will use my Library Cart and jump down to Section 6. I will add the Zombicide Toxic City Zombies into the "Self Help" category. Zombicide is my favorite miniature game and the minis are my "goto" for my happiness and relaxation in the hobby. There will be more Zombicide zombies in the future.


Working 9 to 5....












Here some fatties.






I will enter my metal Reaper Miniature, Davey Crockett in the Biography Topic. 


Gotta love the raccoon cap!





Now, I will jump over to Section 2 and add my Zombicide Survivor Bruce Campbell aka Ash Williams to the "Famous Person" topic. 







Finally, I have some 15mm minis of Vampires(Blue Moon Miniatures) and Robocop (Khuresan Miniatures)! 













 
Ok. I hope I did this right. I'm having a blast with this challenge! Keep at it all!  

SCORING

18 x 28mm = 90pts.
4 x 15mm = 8pts.
Scatter Terrain = 10pts. 40 pts.
Overdue and Returns = 20pts.
Biography = 20 pts.
Self Help = 20 pts.
Cart Ride = 20 pts.
Famous Person = 20pts.

TOTAL = 188 218pts.
 
***
Well, that is certainly a wide variety of topics - and rather liberal use of the bonus categories, although I'm afraid you were able to reach "Famous Person" without another cart ride...but you get bonus points for the one cart ride you took, and you also get 20 points per terrain "cube", so that bumps you up nicely. According to the mystical spreadsheet, you will receive 218 points!
 
GregB

9 comments:

  1. I like the Reaper figure! The zombies look like a dance troupe! Good to see Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Ash would say, 'Groovy!'. I have fun memories of watching the Evil Dead series with my good friend and then adding the memorable quotes to our repertoire.

    The terminator is also cool. Hats off to any who brave camouflage patterns! At first I though your custom chapter was one of the original color schemes, such as those shown in the original Badab war artwork.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great bunch of mini's I'm glad I'm not the only one hitting the Library hard this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to love the Zombicide figures, well done. Great selection of work this week - variety is the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection here. The way you have arranged your zombies, I can hear Thriller playing in my head now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thanks! I was thinking the same thing.

      Delete
  6. I'm with Barks on the Zombie dance team. Great and varied collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent the Terminator colour combo works very well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of figs a well deserved boost to your score !

    ReplyDelete