Monday 14 March 2022

From Mike W - Oathmark Human Infantry (150 Points, 1 Squirrel Point)

Following on from Millsy's fabulous Oathmark Infantry Post last week, here I present my take on the same subject. Unlike Millsy's more uniformed unit mine represents a militia that has been formed from a variety of local sources and unified by shield and helmet colours - the guys themselves wearing their usual civilian clothes.

The completed Unit of 30 Rural Militiamen

So the unit is built from a whole box of these figures, 30 in all and I decided to give them all a spear, except the commander who has a sword. The unit's champion also carries a spear but has the bonus of a full helm to give some extra protection.

Another view, I deliberately gave some a round shield from the Spares Box to imply different equipment sources

As ever I started with a white undercoat and then applied a range of 'rural' colours in greens and browns, all figures have leather jacks of one type or another, some have cloaks again in various colours. I gave the unit commander a red cloak to help him stand out.

Shield transfers were from old Games Workshop Britonnian figures

Once painted I then went on to the shields, using green & yellow as a unifying the figures into a unit, I found some old Games Workshop transfers of Fleurs-de-Lys and shields to add some symbols to the shields. Yellow and Green is one of my favourite combinations just as they are my local town's colours. I also added yellow & green panels to a number of helmets for added unit identification.

First of a series of close-ups, Comander & Champion centre, flanked by two Sergeants

As ever the bases were completed with a fine sand and electrostatic grass mix that I have pre-made.

Rank & File Rural Militiamen

I claimed a Squirrel Point for the Oathmark Fantasy Human subject matter

More Rank & File Rural Militiamen

And more...

Final group of Rank & File Rural Militiamen

POINTS

30 x 28mm Foot Figures = 150 Points


Excellent work on these Oathmark Humans Mike.  I quite like what I've seen of these Oathmark kits but have only seen the Revenants up close and in personal.   The round shield swap is really effective and I might field some similarly equipped lads in with my Dark age stuff.  also liking the livery and flour de psi marks. 

9 comments:

  1. Green and yellow nicely tie this miscellaneous unit together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you tied the randomness together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking militia figures, think they might press gang into historical pretty well too?!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see someone else doing Oathmark stuff Mike. I like the way you've mixed in other shields for a bit of randomness but tied it all together with the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to create both diversity and unity at the same time! Love the colour choices by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work Mike. The yellow and green colour scheme gives them a nice cohesion and I like the variety of shields, it gives them a real militia feel.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your shield work here.

    ReplyDelete