Saturday 10 February 2024

From ChrisW - Ground Zero Games & Brigade Models 15mm hover vehicles [233 points]

 


I plan to use these vehicles with some New Swabian League (NSL) troops from GZG. Most of these vehicles are from GZG with a few Brigade Models tanks and one converted tank (the big ugly one, lower left, that looks like an American tank) I have drafted up a T.O.E. for the NSL based on what I currently own. As I look at my collection I am not really certain why I bought what I bought. At any rate instead of ordering any more stuff I made up a list of what will get deployed in the APCs.

So, I was inspired by WWII early war German armour. In part this was because of the NSL figures I have, have a German quality to them. I remembered that I had watched a good video by Sonic Sledgehammer all about painting an early war tank. So I leveraged it, added some brown camo and modified a few other bits to come up with this paint scheme.

I am really not certain about the antennas as I keep knocking them causing the vehicles to flip or the antenna to detach! 

Up first the APCs:

So, there are three APCs in each unit with two light support tanks. Each APC can carry 10-12 troops but the command APC only carries 5-6 troops. As it stands, each squad will have 25 or so troops (to be painted)

 

 The veteran APCs:

These will carry the veteran squad, the Jaeger troops.  At some point I bought some troops that looked a little different from the regular rank and file. The number of troop figures I have has dictated how I divide up my vehicles. In this case I have just slightly more troops than can fit in these vehicles.

I have given the veterans two guided missile equipped APCs as befits a higher quality (and smaller) unit.

The main battle tanks


High Energy Laser (HEL) front center

Brigade models and one modified toy

Medium tanks with tank hunter


Support vehicles

 Recon and Mobile Autonomous Weapons Platforms - Hover (MAWP-H)

The MAWP-H were freebies from the Christmas sale at GZG


Edit

So, I was glancing at my post when I spotted something kind of odd.

 

Somehow a weapon pod got wedge in under the gun. How is it that I do not spot these things in real life but only in the photos. Also with me moving these figures around so much how did it not fall out on its own? (it was not glued in)

So the totals

  • 208 points for 26x 15mm vehicles (8 per)
  •     5 points for 5x 15mm 1/2 body crew. (1 per) 
  •   20 points for 5x 15mm MAWP-H (4 per) [Treating them like 1/2 vehicles each]

Squirrels this post +1

Squirrels to date [4]

  • Hammers Slammers
  • Ikwen alien infantry
  • Hanuman (Alien) vehicles 
  • New Swabian league armoured vehicles

Great stuff here Chris, I like the camo you've done on the vehicles. I share your frustration with the antennae. I used to use wire antennae too (liked the look) but I also tired of them snapping off the vehicle chassis. So I switched to using synthetic broom bristles. They're flexible and don't break off. That's 233 points for you!

Dallas

12 comments:

  1. "As I look at my collection I am not really certain why I bought what I bought. "
    ....... there might be a couple few folks in this challenge who *may* have sometimes had a similar thoughtful wondering, on very rare occasion....
    Good job on the camo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge collection of “it seemed like a good idea at the time” too. Lovely AFVs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice effective camouflage scheme. Purchase plans often seem a bit off when viewed years later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent cammo work, nice unit allover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work on the camo Chris. I especially like the surface texture of the APCs. I think Dallas' suggestion of broom bristles for antennae may help you out on your 'Contact! Contact!' issues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another broom bristle fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome load of combat blowers there Chris - Rolling Hot!

    ReplyDelete