Saturday 10 February 2024

From SebastianR: A nice and accurate record of my own [Biography] (22 Points)

I'm going to keep this one short.

This... tower is an award I won in a mordheim day event at a local Bristol club for having the most killy leader; specifically this vampire (I think).

 

Turns out giving vampires access to purchasable pregame buffs allows you to build something of a monster right off the bat. I do remember being quite proud of winning something as other than my inflated kill count (Kill Count geddit!), I did pretty underwhelmingly in actual missing wins.

The tower is a pretty shoddy 3D print job that looks like someones first foray into blender. It's designed to look like one of the towers of the Clifton suspension bridge with some scrap metal bolted on because... orks?

I realise I'm sounding churlish about my prize but I cant help shake the feeling that the organiser was trying to repurpose their early 3D print experiments. In any case, after sitting around pointlessly for over a year, it has now been given a quick airbrushing to somewhat resemble it's design inspiration, and to serve as terrain for Legions Imperialis. It has received the attention it deserves.

Peekaboo!

2 points for a 2.5*2.5*4" terrain

20 for the challenge

for 22 points


OK Sebastian... the tower is... a tower. Not gonna say any more about it than you did. It looks fine. And if you can live with yourself, I'll allow the bonus.

Dallas

7 comments:

  1. The tower will look great on table and that’s all that counts. Congrats on the win, even if the prize was less than spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a mighty fine tower it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s painted. That’s what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, you are funny: "Turns out giving vampires access to purchasable pregame buffs allows you to build something of a monster right off the bat." He's a bat alright ;-) But seriously though: yeah vampires can be really OP in Mordheim, but they need to be since their henchmen tend to be rather MEH in most games, apart from ghouls who are downright scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo Bristol you say? Was it given out from BIG? Great paint job on it, and although it might look like someone's beginner efforts at printing, I can also say it looks like some of the 'pro' jobs available on etsy as well ;) Great painting there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is certainly one of the towers in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tower done and in the books. Terrain is always useful.

    ReplyDelete