Saturday 3 February 2024

From DavidB: White Scars 40k (140 points)

  Hu- Black Thunder

I am off for Duty this weekend...Should be my last medical review in the military. I think I may slam some energy drinks and a few pots of coffee before the EKG test tomorrow( for science). I would say this is the last of my 40K White Scars, but there will be more just not necessarily this challenge. What follows is the entire box from the Leviathan 10th edition box of Warhammer 40k. I got a rulebook, terminators, and some other miniatures I had to add. I barely got them completed today...well Friday as i am still burning the candle at both ends. These were all undercoated black with a zenithal highlight of white ink. The White Scar chapter insignia on all the models is from Pop Goes the Monkey.

Just a couple of the many skullz in this submission and you can also see how the white ink will mix with the other colors even though the ink was applied over the summer months.

My new Lt Knives for the White Scars. Wearing the lighter phobos armour, he looks pretty tough in posing and the addition of tyranid carapace to his armor. Honestly beside the rulebook hew is the reason I wanted the starter box. I was half thinking of making him and a few others Iron Snakes, but decided that all would go to the White Scars.

I really thought hard about making the terminator capt an Iron Snake, but I decided he would be a nice addition to replace KoSorro Khan on occasion.

He does look pretty sharp in the red cape and i actually do not mind the scenic bases. 

My White Scars are apparently foes of Necrons and Tyranids.

The terminators are a welcome addition to the White Scars and I cannot wait to unleash them on Razor.

The Ebon Keshig are a 30k unit for the scars and I use black for the robes and tabards on my force. I painted a couple of the terminator shoulder plates black for that reason and each marine had different red decorations added to them.

Especially the helmets with different dags on the helmet.

The terminator Librarian and Apothecary are welcome additions to the force. I almost made the librarian an Iron Snake, but I painted him as a white scar. I am not quite liking the blue in the terminator armor and may revisit him later, but he will soldier on with the Scars as is for now until I decide different. I couldn't let him be the only White Scar to fight Razor as a primed only model!

It could be just eliminating the red trim and turning it to gold as the back view is pretty good.

A slightly blurry photo of the sternguard  with the snazzy black tabards.

They too have a lot of red added in decorations including the helmets. besides the terminators they are another welcomed unit to the White Scars.

The Incinerators are a new Unit of Primaris troops with flame throwers. I haven't even read on what they can do  yet. They too almost went to the Iron Snakes, but the Sgt's mohawk decided them as White Scars.

His mohawk and that drawing of the Knife...He isnt going to use technology but instead tried and true!

The alternate build is an Incinerator with grenade...good visual reminder that my troops do have grenades to use!

My first Primaris dreadnought. I rather like this one and with the lascannon and rockets it will be nice support for the fast moving White Scars. 

Mostly clean and sharp, but still plenty of detail.

I like the Ad Mech power plant.



The tally....
one dreadnought- 20 points and 6 skullz
terminator capt-5 points and 17 skullz
Lt Knives-5 points and 6 skullz
apothecary- 5 points and 6 skullz
terminator Librarian- 5 points and 14 skullz
terminator squad- 25 points and 34 skullz
sternguard squad-25 points and 23 skullz
incinerator squad-50 points and 24 skullz
(note that the incinerators needed 10 guys to beat the skull count of 5 sternguard)
that is 140 points and 130 new skullz

Legion tally unchanged at 8 units or 22 legionnaires...these are 40k not 30k!
stompy robots of death- got another one for 4 
skullz just jumped from 29 to 159 
I have no idea where I am off to next as a bunch of butterflies are occupying my desk...it could be anything including more space marines!

Great looking White Scars here David! But with all the talk about Iron Snakes do I sense another Chapter project in the making...? I really like the ichor dripping off of Lt. Knives's sword, very cool. And the Tyranid "parts" on the bases really make these guys look battle-hardened. White can be a b*tch to paint but you've done a great job on these models, the red dags and cloak really pop too. Great production and 140 points for you!

Dallas


9 comments:

  1. I know nothing about 40K but appreciate nicely painted figures when I see them - nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a SciFi player but as commented by @valleyboy very-very nice brush work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lt is such a cool figure! I like the Ziggy Stardust terminator, and thanks for counting all the skullz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More wondrous White Scars. I really like the helmets on the Terminators. Looking forward to your continued foray into more 40K!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking White Scars and lots of skulls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work and I always love your enthusiasm for your projects. Im interested in hearing your “score” on your heart tests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent brush work David. A very fun project and I enjoy your enthusiasm about the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't go wrong with a heroic red cape. These look great.

    ReplyDelete