Tuesday 20 February 2024

From Sarah: Where is Elfio? Let’s look in the Romance and Art Sections (70 Points)


The AnalogueVille Librarians are very fond of Elfio, and he is usually quite diligent in his book shelving tasks….. However, there are reports of BOTH mis-shelved & dishevelled books in the Romance & Art Sections, and suspiciously, Elfio keeps disappearing.

Continuing from our last stop in Local History, I thought we’d pop into the Romance Section where shockingly!! We see… the fair maiden, Lady Annabelle swooning, and Elfio …. We close the door and tip toe away…



The Fainting Lady, or my Lady Annabelle is another great figure that I found on MyMiniFactory. To date, she is probably my most favourite figure that I’ve painted. The moment I saw the figure and since I already had painted Elfio, I knew I wanted to do a torrid Classic Romance Novel style post.


Lady Annabelle, resplendent in a lovely spring green gown, white flounces with pink trim, looks very much like Romantic Heroine, though there is a touch of whimsy too!

For fun, I thought I would quickly doodle a book cover to serve as a back drop.


As we continue through the library ….. we enter the Art Section.

Here we find the Great Master Painter, another terrific figure found on MyMiniFactory.


Unfortunately the first print failed and shortly after I began painting the second print, I dropped her and the paint brush in her extended hand broke. I literally cried, but decided to carry on.


I really like her pale blue dress, the colour turned out really well and since I wanted the painter to be exotic/bohemian I thought an elaborate purple hairdo and yellow head wrap would be fabulous details.


So, for this narrative, to explain the broken paint brush, the Great Master Painter has “snapped her crayons” because the wandering rogue Elfio is very late for his portrait appointment.

Again for fun, I did a few quick doodles of Artwork to have around the artist studio.


Points Scored (Elfio, piano and book stacks all previously scored):

Romance location: 20 pts

Lady Annabelle 54mm = 10 points

Art Location: 20 pts

Master Painter 54mm = 10 points

Easel = 5 points (?)

Total = 65 points



Thanks for dropping by

Have a great week!

- Sarah


Another very creative and fine contribution, milady! Your painting is excellent, and your choice of colours flawless of course. I really like the swooning Lady Annabelle, and you definitely achieved the Bohemian look you aimed for with the painter. I really like the little additions you created to depict these scenes, and the location bonuses thus are well-deserved. And I feel your pain with the broken paintbrush (although I admire the way you explained it and used it to your advantage!). 3D printing is a great thing, but the figures can be a little brittle and somehow you always drop them when they are halfway done or nearly complete... Still, all in all you managed quite well and these 65 points are certainly justified! I'll add a couple of bonus points for the creative doodling however. Well done Sarah!

Martijn

P.S. You would make me even happier by including an updated map next time!

28 comments:

  1. Fantastic, the prize for the most narcissistic pose ever goes the the guy with the hair and pecs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so great Sarah! Really great painting (and painting of paintings!), and a great back story AND story of painting the figures.

    I totally sympathize on the feelings around dropping and damaging a figure...I have been unpacking miniatures to put them on display in my new house, and I dropped a couple, and just despaired...that poor Byzantine spearman made it all the way to Toronto in a box, but couldn't survive me removing it from the box...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg
      I do hope the rest of the little armies arrived unscathed

      Delete
  3. Lovely figures and great backstory, I sympathise with the broken figure, having watched the box containing my all metal nurgle army drop 8' to a terrazzo floor, ah how we laughed!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah , the sad agony is real, but we persevere

      Delete
  4. Lovely work on your artist and swooning lady. Ah poor Elfio just can’t help the trouble his presence, or lack of, causes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tom!
    Haha, Elfio as a force of chaotic-good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on these Sarah. Pity about the broken brush, looks like Elfio has that sort of effect on the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady Annabelle is magnificent in her spring colours, but I love the art canvases and book cover too. Elfio must be very happy as he's getting a lot of Challenge screentime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martijn
    Thank you for the unexpected bonus points for my wee paint doodles. My little scenarios needed some extra flare & flourish and I’m secretly very pleased that the ‘Artwork’ brought the pizzazz!
    Apologies for no location map, must have been a miss by my late night editor. 🙃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad... I blame the lack of coffee and proper supervision. :)

      Delete
  9. Excellent brushwork and nice delivery Sarah

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful storyline and painting as well. Very immersive. Well done and a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you’re enjoying my silly scenarios …. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  11. Amazing work and lovely story. May I suggest if he wants a narcissistic friend, the sax man from Bad Squiddo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I just spent some time perusing Bad Squiddo … very tempting!

      Delete
  12. These are exceptional, with such a brilliantly told narrative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, thanks a lot Ray!
    I’ve been having a lot of fun with the Library Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just such a lovely classy entry Sarah, so good all round I think but I just love the painting by the artist in the blue dress

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favourite too 😊 it was a quick and tiny 1”x1” paint sketch impression of Picasso’s ‘Portrait of a woman after Cranach the Younger’
    I’d attach a photo of the original, but, sadly, don’t know how

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I am not sure what to think about Elfio ;-) but the rest of the figures are a gem! Love the detail in the painting!

    ReplyDelete