Thursday 7 March 2024

From Kerry T - Some cross Swiss and fiery Imperials (145 points)

Morning, afternoon & evening all

For my second post this week, its back to the Great Italian Wars.

This started a good few years ago when I got well and truly "shinnied" by a picture of the then new Artizan Designs Landsknecht. A few years later I added some of their Swiss pike and I think last year added a few arquebusiers to keep them company.

A year on and I've added some Swiss Crossbowmen

From the versatile Perry Plastics European Mercenaries box

I still haven't sorted a rule set or played a game with my growing Italian wars collection so far but figured it would be sensible for the Swiss pike to have some fire support. I put 12 plastic figures together but added the metal Swiss heads sold on the Perry Miniatures website

Stripey trousers not really optional



I think these match well enough with the Artizan figures painted years ago though perhaps there is too much blue in the pike block
Also known as Reilly block as there are 96 Pike😃





Come back you cowards

Then I moved on to others in the same box this time stuck together as arquebusiers and given an Imperial flag but intended to be generic with a bit more variation in the colour scheme but less stripes this time.





Flags by Pete's Flags


So in summary

12 Swiss Crossbowmen  28mm  @5 points = 60

16 Imperial arquebusiers in 28mm@ 5 points = 80 points

Total 140 points

2 Squirrels

From Millsy: There are few sights more impressive on a games table than renaissance pike if you ask me. What a wonderful batch of figures this is Kerry, right down to all the crazy striped leggings which is worth another 5 point from my POV. Capped off with a decent batch of huge banners these are a real treat. Love 'em mate!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and some great looking flags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great figures! More please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great looking army you are building love the striped pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work Kerry! I need more missile troops for my collection (it's very pike heavy) and your post here gives me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the positive comments, maybe I should own a pair of stripey trousers like those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant looking figures, Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Kerry, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly lovely work. Well done on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful painting Kerry, the reds look so nice and I love pike block that you painted years ago with the blue in it.

    ReplyDelete