Thursday 7 March 2024

From TomL: Oversized & Selfhelp (115 points)

Bringing us to the next two sections in the final room of the AHCP via the library cart are two May dancers from Crooked Dice Miniatures.  These were painted using Foundry skin triads, ProAcrylic whites, Vallejo Ivory and contrast paints for the wreaths.

   
Surely such an innocent, wholesome maiden can be trusted?


First section we reach this post is the Oversized Books where things that are better when bigger are located.  We present a really big stompy robot whose cares where he stomps - the Iron Giant.

This 107 mm tall fast food toy was cleaned, molded copy right and advertising scrapped off and superfluous stickers removed.  A few coats of various shades of grey with the airbrush, grey brown on the recesses, fluorescent yellow eyes and some battle damage on his head and he was complete.


Guiding us to the next section is another fair May dancer.


We all can use some help in life.  What can be more helpful than centering yourself and working on your enlightenment in this busy noisy world?  


These Pulp Figures monks were painted using Two Thin Coat paints and Foundry skin triads. The larger wooden Buddha I inherited from my grandfather. I am not a Buddhist but I have always thought it looked best surrounded by plants.



Points: 115. Millsy, I'm guessing at the points for the Iron Giant so correct as needed.  The Ho scale kids & scenery were completed for one of my son's school projects long ago. 

Library Cart - 20 pts
Oversized Books - 20 points
Self-help - 20 points
7 28mm figures @ 5 - 35 points
1 107mm figure - 20 points [Millsy - sounds about right!]

From Millsy: I reckon by now you must have the largest collection of female miniatures of any challenger Tom. The May dancers are wonderfully characterful and I can see them both as NPC types for flavour or as protagonists e.g. cultists. The giant is a big guy but a simple paint job so let's score him like a 28mm vehicle. Great work!

11 comments:

  1. My collection of female pulp figures is indeed extensive. I blame Bob Murch and Crooked Dice. Their sculpts are just too good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Iron Giant. (Great movie) maybe he could with his Superman medallion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Iron Giant. (Great movie) maybe he could with his Superman medallion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a couple of those Iron Giants in my pile of potential - he came out great Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. Those May dancers have lots of uses and the repurposed McToy Iron Giant is brilliant. I am one with your monks…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant post. I LOVE the Iron Giant. Wish I would have nabbed one of those. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Iron Giant but the skin tones on the monks are just so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Iron Giant is a cool find- and those dancers are clearly up to no good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pulp figures are indeed fabulous. Love the monks. All are well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite is the Iron giant it looks so good

    ReplyDelete