Friday 22 March 2024

From MartijnN: Wrapping it all up


My fourth Challenge has flown by, and I had a blast as usual. One of the many things I like about the challenge is that it gets me to paint things I normally would not really have thought of. The themes challenge you to come up with some unusual models, and that is really fun. Normally, I paint because there is a game or rules system I want to play, but in reality I seldom have the opportunity to actually play. During the Challenge, I also paint things just for the fun of it.

I set my target low this year, as somehow Curt had had the curious idea of asking me if I would act as a minion. I felt a little apprehensive at first, and was not sure if i was up to it and if it would impact my production (which is not high in any case). However, I easily reached my initial target and even my extended target, and that is nice. Now if I make a plan next year I might get to actually finish some projects... Hmm, that may be a thought.  Still, seeing it all laid out before me like this in all its squirrelly variety is very satisfactory. As to the minioning, I really enjoyed the privilege of minioning the amazing posts you fellow Challengers produced. I did my best to be supportive and fair, and I hope I have succeeded somewhat in that.

Thanks to all my fellow Challengers for another great winter. Again, I have seen some truly amazing and creative work and a lot of camaraderie and friendship. Thanks to all who commented on my work, it has really been very much appreciated. I myself did not get to comment on nearly as many posts as I would have liked, and I promise to do better next time, but rest assured that I have been blown away by the quality and quantity of your work and it has made my winter much more enjoyable!

Thanks to Curt and Sarah for another great experience, and for letting me in on the minion crew. My fellow minions have been very supportive and friendly, which really helped a lot. Thanks to the Tuesday Crew, who were simply great. And finally thanks to my own  minion Teemu, who put up with some very vague promises and some late entries, and managed the Thor's Day group magnificently.

That's it for this year from me, I do hope to see you all again in December!

P.S. Teemu's post just reminded me: Belgian libraries are publicly funded and don't accept donations, so for my participation fee I chose the charity Fonds des Amis des Bibliothèques Sans Frontières Belgique, which provides books and reading material to children in needy circumstances.

24 comments:

  1. Great work Marin . Loved the baked good education ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection of miniatures in quite a few scales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge Martijn and some excellent minioning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent performance in the Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Martijn. Thanks for being a just and patient Minion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, you have been a stalwart and I loved your work!

      Delete
  6. A grand effort Martijn, very well done SIr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful Challenge for you, Martijn! Not only for your own excellent entries, but also for your excellent job in serving as our Tuesday Minion. I very much enjoyed your Tuesday posts, with its baked goods and a much appreciated book recommendations. Also, thank you for the donation to that worth cause. Our libraries here in Canada are largely publicly funded, but they are often not funded well, so frequent use and donations are really how they get by. Until next year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, I really appreciated all your nice comments and glad you liked my little themes!

      Delete
  8. Martijn, those small 6mm figures are excellent, and 1866 to boot so hats off there. In the UK libraries are now often indirectly funded through trusts as government withdraws from public learning. It does mean they do seek donations and volunteer support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, 1866 is my secret love I Guess!

      Delete
  9. Good stuff here, Martijn! It was nice to have you in the Thor's Day group and you managed to create quite an output. I enjoyed your Tuesday posts, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu, you were a great and patient minion!

      Delete
  10. Great job and echo on the amount of work it takes to minion. Adjusted my output total like you because of it. Congrats on getting through so much while Minioning! Until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work Martijn and really enjoyed your minion posts. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Martijn, and thank you for your wonderful minion work!

    ReplyDelete