Friday 22 March 2024

(Ready) from Kerry T - Sniff -The challenge is over and summer's gone as well

 Morning, afternoon & evening all

I can't believe where the time has gone, 3 months has just flown by in the blink of an eye. Not only does this mean that it's the end of this my 3rd challenge but summer has gone as well. It feels as if somebody has just switched the heat off here in NZ and I think this will be the last week I go to work in shorts.

Thank you all for the kindness and encouragement you've shown me in the past months. Again a huge thank you to Curt and Sarah along with Millsy my minion for all the work you've put into this. The challenge is without doubt the highlight of my painting year. Not only does it give an impetus to my own productivity but showcases some amazing painting talent and fantastic miniatures. I hope to be on the roster again in December. What was particularly enjoyable this year was the Tuesday paint & chat set up by Millsy. It really added to the pleasure of taking part.

Getting my photo taken is the worst bit of the challenge

I quite surprised myself this year with my productivity, I managed to paint quite a bit of my waiting Italian Wars Cavalry which was my main aim - I'll have to buy more now.

I managed to knock off more than 150 cavalry I think


I started with some Black Guard for the Reconquista


Just a few dwarves this year


The frigate looks out of place!

One problem is that companies like Victrix and Footsore have added so many lovely figures recently I just keep adding units to projects I thought I had completed and has meant I've started others. I was particularly pleased to have finished my early medieval Welsh army (he says having just bought a few more!)

I think WOTR and 100YW are likely to feature in the next few months


I managed some Italian Wars foot near the end


Casting room Miniatures turn out well despite looking uninspiring in bare metal


Where would I be if I didn't paint Gendarmes?




I have a stock of unfinished Oathsworn Miniatures for next year

Getting knocked out in the first round of the Club Championship (golf) this year meant I had more time than I had expected as I did not feel compelled to practice - maybe that's why I went out!

I also had a two week break in February and used a week of that to concentrate on my Norman Castle  which has been coming off my 3D printer since October last year. I'm now working on some cottages.  This was a new venture for me and a future resin printer in order to print off miniatures rather than terrain I think is going to be a must in the next year.


I can't believe how versatile and interchangeable this is


I think it will make its debut tomorrow in a game

Once again, thank you all. I hope you've all enjoyed yourselves as much as I have this year. Best wishes to you all and may your paint pots never dry up

Kerry
PS Hope to see some of you at Partizan this year


24 comments:

  1. What a brilliant output! The walled city is impressive but also your gaming area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Was lucky enough to build a new house 8 years ag and made sure the spare bedroom could contain a 12 x6 table!

      Delete
  2. Excellent challenge Kerry. Some great work there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, particularly for your kind comments all the way through

      Delete
  3. Amazing output Kerry, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, doesn't get anywhere near what you've produced in the past though!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful collection of cavalry and a truly impressive castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, its a good thing I like painting horses

      Delete
  5. Fantastic output - the castle really sets it all off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, hope to see you at Partizan this time

      Delete
  6. Wonderful work Kerry. Love the castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, surprisingly easy to knock off really

      Delete
  7. You were hitting it out of the park this year Kerry. As many have already mentioned, your castle is the pièce de résistance for your Challenge this time out. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent work, Kerry- sorry I wasn't on the chat more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, I think we plan on continuing to meet

      Delete
  9. Kerry, your castle was very impressive - never expected to see one of them in this challenge. I thought your italian wars figures were superb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, seemed like an ideal project for the challenge

      Delete
  10. Kerry It was please to be apart of this Challenge with you, our conversations were great, one day I'd love to meet you in person. Your figures are stunning and the castle my pic of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. City is excellent and the versatility means it can be used in many different ways! But the minis are great, too, well done and see you in December!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing beats a good castle for both terrain and photo background! Great job all around here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely amazing Kerry, the castle is a gem and I loved your Italian Wars stuff. Great show! I am already looking forward to seeing your work in the next Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome work and the castle is fabulous. Well done and great work all around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fine season of incredible brushwork, well done Kerry!

    ReplyDelete