Friday 22 March 2024

TomL AHPC XIV Wrap up

AHPC XIV has been a fantastic experience.  My original plan was to paint only figures needed for a linked set of pulp adventures I wanted to run. The siren call of the Library & the cart lead me to replace about 20 of those figures with 40 other older figures. Then my Skaven units were added and the target of 60 28mm figures became 161 painted 28mm figures and a few larger figures. 

Though I don’t expect to play WFB again, it was gratifying to complete the rank & file of the army. Painting units always seems more productive and it was nice to do that again. Improved health at the end of last year in combination with the support of the challenge helped me paint more than the previous 3 years combined.

As I said before, thanks to Curt, Sarah, Millsy and all of the minions for running the AHPC. Thanks also to all of the participants for their impressive painting efforts.  While painting was fun, I am going to miss looking at the other entries quite a lot. Hope to see you all again next year.  

Cheers,
Tom

 


I couldn't include my stompy robots from the gift shop as they have been called to action. So here is a bonus picture of the reinforcing Uban Mech unit (center) slowing the clan star just long enough for the runaway scientist to escape off board with the IS forces.

Sadly I was on the Clan side of the battle...




13 comments:

  1. Well done on a great challenge, Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Challenge certainly is a great motivator, sounds like it worked for you this year round Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed all your work Tom. especially the Pulp figures. My favourites were your female cultists, Iron Giant and post apoc Lincoln statue. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That statue, my first adventure in 3d printing, is one of a kind.

      Delete
  4. Tom I liked the artist and muse as well as the may dancer, very much life and animation created with the brushstroke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good stuff, Tom. The Challenge does have a tendency to destroy the well made plans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Tom! The shiny is always strong in the challenge.. can kill some great laid plans.. but great results all the same! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great Challenge, Tom, well done!

    ReplyDelete