Thursday 31 December 2015

From AlexS - Mechanicum 30k & Venetian Foot Knights and Venetian Standard Bearer (209 Points)

My next work on miniatures. 

Firstly - the robots of the universe, the Horus Heresy, Mechanicum. I tried them Metallic paint using an airbrush. The effect was not like I wanted to, but on the table looks okay. I do not know how much to charge for them points, but I think my supervisor decides. They are about 40mm in size, but are designed for gaming system in 28mm (or rather, 32mm in 28mm favorite GW heroic size)


Then - once my army unit in Venice and the standard-bearer in the same army. I'm not very happy with how to get the squad, but very satisfied with his work on the standard-bearer. Yet work on the individual model brings more joy and get better. This unit (30 miniatures) as required to be displayed on the table of dismounted knights (Lancia spezzata) and heavy infantry to the Venetian two-handed weapon.







I must continue to work on, this is made easier as it is very cold and I don't feel like going outside. :)

Great work Alex! I really like the diverse models on display here. I've always enjoyed the design of those Mechanicum models and yours makes me want to give them a go. I also am enjoying seeing your Renaissance project come together (in leaps and bounds, no less). That mounted standard bearer is very nice indeed. Well done!

25 comments:

  1. Great. Really love the robots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Alex! You're really turning the Venetians out at a cracking pace.

    I get the sense you are not happy with them yourself? It looks like you are using a dip (I do too on occasions) and I always find a lighter base colour than you would normally use brings the final product out better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the colors are too pale and I did too little contrast in this squad, I'll try to fix it.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're not in the Renaiissance duel Alex at the rate you keep pumping things out. Love the tin its and standard bearer.
    Cheers, PD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peter! I became involved in a duel because still new to the event :(.

      Delete
  4. The venetian army looks good. Do you intend to keep them in Italy or overseas in the empire? If overseas I look forward to seeing the Turks and Hungarians.

    The 30k Robots are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No, as long as it is only Italy, but necessarily Stradioti, without an army of Venice - this is not the army :)

      Delete
  5. Nice lot here mate.. keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the juxtaposition of metallic robots and medieval swordsmen - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather, it is - the eclecticism that has not bothered to work :)

      Delete
  7. I feel like the robots turned out well. I too really like the mounted banner man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one, I like the bots the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So different in models but all so well executed

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I always try to mix the model and size, it was interesting to paint

      Delete
  10. Everything looks great. The standard bearer has some lovely character about him, and that unit of heavy infantry looks suitably intimidating, but the Mechanicum robots have to be my top pick. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice robots, Alex. Your knights are pretty good too as they look a bit more exuberant than the tired pike.
    I really like your standard bearer and his turban, he is very Italian chic! ;)

    ReplyDelete