Wednesday 18 January 2017

From ScottM: French Senegalese Tirailleurs Infantry (50 points)

This is my first submission to the painting challenge and I've started off with a modest offering. This is a squad of World War 2 French Senegalese Tirailleurs infantry. These figures are all metal and are from Warlord Games.



Please excuse the quality of pictures as I have yet to master that ability. These figures will be added to my growing French army that will be used for Bolt Action and Chain of Command. There will be more French coming as my pile is a fair size and for some reason keeps getting bigger.

ByronM: They look good from what I can see, and I know you said you had some issues with the photos (I know I always do too), but please try to make sure you include at least one zoomed in image of a few guys so that we can all get a close look at them. The ground work looks really good and I can see that the straps and everything are painted, but with no good closeup image it's hard to offer any real commentary on what could be really well done figures, but I just cant tell for sure.

21 comments:

  1. Welcome to the action Scott - very cool figures, a unit you don't often see on WW2 gaming tables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the overall look and colors for them are quite good! You got a good tone for the skin, which is difficult to do at times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was leery about doing a dark skin tone but it actually turned out pretty good.

      Delete
  3. Welcome along to the right side of the cut.. a good start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, these look great! I love seeing oddball units like this. You don't see many people doing WWII French but I think it's brilliant. Have you seen the new Dragoon Portes recce from Crusader? They look promising.

    Last but not least, welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have seen Crusaders new Dragoon Portes. They've got some partisans and a 25mm AT gun I want. May have to put in an order soon!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the challenge, Scott. These look super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the challenge Scott. Great to see these Senegalese figs. Good job on the painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the challenge and these look great

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Scott - Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice and slightly unusual so great to see and further my education!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As someone once said, "Fezzes are cool". Welcome aboard, want to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice unit, Scott! It's grand to see some of the lesser known forces getting a chance to shine, very fine color on them too!
    I look forward to seeing the rest of the French force!

    ReplyDelete