Wednesday 20 December 2017

From SamuliS: The Wild Hunt (22 points)

Time to get myself on the roster again! Each year I've tried to quickly grab the top spot in the first few hours of the challenge so that I can bask in the glory of the #1 position for at least a small while. Sometimes I've had more success, sometimes less. This year around I came up with a cunning plan involving some simple animal miniatures, plenty of drybrushing and some washes.

My wild hunt has a small wild boar family trying to escape some hungry wolves. The models are from Wargames Foundry, if I remember correctly, and I bought them from Salute in 2016 for Frostgrave to use as some random monster encounters. Pretty nice sculpts and fit my need for some super fast paintjobs to get me the coveted first spot! Certainly not my best paintjobs, but then again it's probably the first time that I can pump out 5 28mm minis in less than an hour.



By my counts this should put me just before Miles with 22 points. The 4 adults giving me 20 points and the piglet being roughly the size of a 15mm miniature so 2 more points for him.

With these out of the way, I'm back to finishing some Napoleonics that I didn't get done before the challenge started. So some silence from me for the next week or so before I can get back to painting stuff for the challenge.

Have a great challenge everyone. I can't wait to see all the amazing minis that will get painted in the next three months!

_________________________________________

Blogger does not give a precise timestamp of the submission of the drafts, so I'm not sure if you were ahead of Greg or not in your entry. Nonetheless, you can console yourself that you are ahead of Miles, for at least for a few hours anyway. :) 

Though you state these were a quick drybrush job Samuli, I have to say they do look rather fine. I particularly like the little boar piglet scrambling over the scree, trying to keep up with its mum. I like to think he has a good chance of getting away from those rather lumbering, well-fed wolves. :)

A very worthy hour's work Samuli!

  

20 comments:

  1. Nice looking boars and wolves Samuli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tally ho! And Samuli is out of his box and away across the countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn Greg managed to sneak past me ;) at least there wasn't any other draft when I wrote mine. Well it was a cunning plan, but no success this year. Maybe next year will be the time I succeed :D at least I am on the boards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scuplts, very dynamic. Great painting too Samuli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice, stuff like this really sets up a battlefield as a more "real" place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice they will be handy for Frostgrave and probably other games as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fine looking boars Samuli!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely painting and basing. I do like the piglet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wolves may need help if they corner the trio! ;) very nice work on them Samuli! I really like the ground work for them, torn from the foothills!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely painting and good sculpts.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Samuli! Great to have you on board again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! The chase is on to the top of the points chart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for the comments!

    @david bromley: Two wolves versus two boars would probably be quite an uneven fight to be honest. A 200kg beast charging at you with it's tusks leveled is definitely no laughing matter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff, Obelix will approve!

    ReplyDelete