Sunday 23 December 2018

From MarkB - 3mm Swedish T2 Floatplanes from WWII




Here is my first submission to this year’s challenge. Two Tumbling Dice 3mm Swedish WW2IIT2 Floatplanes. These are He-115 A2’s that the Swedish military purchased from Germany in 1938.  The Swedish purchased 12 of these planes and they were used for a number of different missions and stayed in service until the mid-1950’s.  




This was the first time I used magnification glasses to help me paint and they were very helpful. I hope to paint more Swedish aircraft for my What if Sweden invasion by the Germans in 1940.  I am not sure how many points these should get at there is no point on the list for 3mm vehicles.



Have a Merry Christmas! Skål!!

______________________________________

First, welcome to the Painting Challenge Mark! We're delighted to have you a part of the crew this year.

Now here's something you don't see everyday: 3mm Swedish Floatplanes. Wow. Very cool work Mark and interesting background to them.  I like your clean brushwork (score for the mag goggles) and how you've based them on the beefy hexes. They look great.

We do actually have a scoring matrix for 3mm, but it's variable on vehicles, depending on the models being submitted. So, with that in mind I'm going to give you 4 points for these (equivalent to 6mm vehicles) due to the extra work for the bases. Well done and Merry Christmas to you!

17 comments:

  1. Wow I like those a lot Mark, great details on these teeny tiny floatplanes. I’m looking forward to more Swedish goodies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking bunch of float planes! The glass finish is excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid work, I hope to get some Tumbling Dice aircraft done in this challenge too. Look forwards to seeing more of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, and great detail on such small models.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work on an uncommon subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how they look and an unsual theme (float planes and from Sweden!!??) Have a great Xmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favourite things about the challenge is getting to see stuff I’ve never heard of, let alone seem painted in miniature, so smashing work on these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with JamieM a great project idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun choice for your first entry, definitely not something that is seen every day. Great brushwork on such small scale minis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an enormous amount of detail painted onto such diminutive craft....Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete