Wednesday 26 December 2018

From NickJ - Darkoath Warqueen (5 points)

Once upon a Third Time.

They say that the third time is a charm. I have no clue what that means so instead I'll just say I can't believe this is my third time in the Challenge already!

In Year 1 I mainly painted Chaos Age of Sigmar figures...
In Year 2 I mainly painted Chaos Age of Sigmar figures...
...
You'll never guess what Year 3 will be bringing...?
...
Yeah. Chaos. Age of Sigmar. Again. It seems no matter how much I clear off the shelves more fills the gaps - pretty much instantly. The slog continues :-)

To get me off the mark I've opted to start with a single Leader figure just like last year.

Say hello to the new Darkoath Warqueen


She leads the Slaves to Darkness faction which was not on the cards for me until GW released the Warqueen... yes I do have a habit of starting armies based on 1 figure I like...

 

Love how dynamic GW made her as she climbs the small rock to lay down some axe therapy


I've decided to align this faction with the Chaos God of Tzeentch, hence the blues and purples. They can then ally with my Disciples of Tzeentch army that you may remember from last year. Acolytes and birds anyone?


I do like the detail that GW has added with scars as well. She's been doing this for a while I think.

She's a standard GW 28mm figure so I'm thinking 5 points to get me kick-started :-)

More to come if all goes vaguely towards a plan...

___________________________________

Well, I applaud you for sticking to a theme, Nick. She's a great looking figure and I especially like the themed, non-metalic metal approach you took towards her shield, cuirass and axehead. Well done that. Will there be more of her minions to follow? Looking forward to finding out.

5 points to mark you on the roster and will start your gambit in the Evil Empire Challenge. Great job!


15 comments:

  1. Good to see that Chaos is an equal opportunity employer, your Warqueen seems aptly named. I like the skin tones you've used, she seems to have lived a healthy life outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “A habit of starting armies based on 1 figure I like...”

    A fine approach, one I relate to! Great work Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that figure before. Lovely purples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvellous stuff, Nick. What a great mini and paint-job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Nick! And there is nothing wrong with painting a lot of Chaos! The world is a hard place so why settle for gods that are not up to living in that sort of environment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work on the flesh and metals Nick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice figure, lovely painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have nno idea what Age of Sigmar is but your model is outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff Nick. I'm not a fan of the AoS minis as a rule but really like what you've done with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome figure Nick, can't wait to see more from you in the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know nothing about Age of Sigmar but this figure is super dynamic and a terrific colour scheme.
    Yass Queen! (as the hip kids would say ...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on the Queen, Nick! The colors look fab on her and I really like that yellow gold. I too build an army to protect and boost that "one" model. I also think of how many games/armies I can use that model in too! ;)

    ReplyDelete