Saturday 23 February 2019

From Barks: Pinkstone Fortress (27 points)

These are supposed to be Black Legionnaires, but since I already had three pink marines my entire Blackstone set was painted to match. They're very nice figures, differing only in the head but looking quite distinct.

Obsidius Mallex is the Big Bad for BSF. He's got vaguely organic power cables snaking all over him, which I painted the same green as my Negavolt Cultists.


These are the first marines for which I painted the backpacks separately- recommended! Space Marine backpacks are like horse furniture or AFV road wheels- necessary but painful to paint.

Finally, the two Rogue Psykers. They're fine sculpts, but it was a slog to get them done.

Skull-o-meter™: 17

That is all the pink you're going to see from me this Challenge! I'm greatly relieved to say that BSF is now behind me, and I can move on to other things.
Pinkstone Fortress: Skull-o-meter™55
I'm claiming the big fella as 40mm and thus 27 points for all five.

******************

Great looking models here Barks, and I am very partial to the Slaanesh pink used on them.  Super clean looking paint jobs on them.  I didn't pick up the Fortress box set but with everyone's awesome looking posts coming from figures in it, you all may have twisted my rubber arm! Keep up the good work!

26 comments:

  1. Never has pink looked so threatening. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they pull it off with confidence.

      Delete
  2. Very... ahem... pink 😉
    Well done actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pink space marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pink is absolutely fabulous and let’s have a round the world high five for a couple of completed BSF sets - dead satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done and quite colorful Barks!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought I would be glad to more pink marines but this is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking minis, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm loving the hot pink theme of this set. Wonderful work Barks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I think it is distinctive and unique.

      Delete