Tuesday 26 February 2019

From KenR - Its The Final Gendarme...... (64 Points)

To me,
Do de do do, de de dum dum dum.... It's the Final Gendarme (cue keyboard hook and guitar solo !

To you.
The box marked Gendarme is empty, the 30 figures I had lined up for the Challenge are painted and based and ready to go scorching across the table on some impetuous Charge to Nowhere.


Once again it's 6 x 28mm Foundry Figures with Petes Flags tearing up the table.


6 x 10 points each plus a couple for the flags should give me 62 points for both the main total and the Renaissance Side Duel.


It was touch and go if these would be ready for today, being back at work, especially on shifts after a long break has caused havoc with my sleep but I really want to try and maintain my personal challenge of a unit of Cavalry a week. I even had these in front of a low heat fire this afternoon to dry the basing filler quicker.


Of course a group shot of the finished 5 units is obligatory.


Mind you now I have put them out as a group having odd numbers doesn't look quite right, maybe one more unit 🤔


I'll order the figures today, depending on how quick Foundry are, there is still a chance before March 21st. This week I am off work till Friday so I will try and get next week's unit done first so I'm not hairdrying bases on a Tuesday afternoon 😁

Next up for the Italian Wars will be some light Cavalry and I already have a couple of WW2 fun side projects on the go, now where's that box of Papal Guard gone.

And I have just noticed that I forgot to put grass tufts on the new unit 😭



More awesome Gendarme to add to your tally. I don't think anyone is getting tired of these so if you feel the need to add an extra unit, be our guest! That final shot just blows my mind. I can't imagine facing them across a games table...I'd be intimidated just by the quality alone.

I'm adding a couple of extra points for the quality and with the points for the flags, this brings the total up to 64 Points. 
Lee

28 comments:

  1. Wow, is that ever cool. I feel the thunder of the armoured hooves coming through my computer screen! Congratulations Ken, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, I'm looking forward to sending them off across the table 👍

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous looking gendarmes! Really enjoyed you cranking out a unit of cavalry every week, lovely figures,superb painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, hoping to keep it going to Challenge End

      Delete
  3. Fantastico! Congrats on finishing the (current stash) of gendarmes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, always great to empty one "to do" pile 👍

      Delete
  4. Those look lovely and really are impressive altogether!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on completing this part of the project - they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely gendarmes Ken. Too bad it’s the end of them! 😢

    ReplyDelete
  7. More! We need more! Your cavalry are awesome, congratulations on finishing them/the current batch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great stuff. It just such a great joy to see. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous figures and painting skills

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an achievement. Bravo Ken! May their lances always strike home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific work, Ken - look forward to seeing them all arrayed for the group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous: both because of the lovely painted figures as well as for you finishing a project... Starling effort mate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnificent work, Ken, well done.

    ReplyDelete