Tuesday 26 February 2019

From ChristopherS - US Airborne 57mm Anti-Tank Gun (33pts.)


Just finished a US Airborne 57mm gun to beef up their anti-tank capabilities. Bazookas are pretty effective but lack the punch at longer ranges so enter the 57mm which is both more powerful and gives a longer reach.



I really enjoy painting Artizan figures with the raised detail and characterful posing so I plan to add even more to my collection.



I painted them using mostly Vallejo paints and some Foundry with MIG pigments added to the undercarriage and gun shield. I had to create my own slots on the base for the crew which I think worked out well.



I plan on adding more forces for my Normandy collection which is filling out quite nicely and in fact, I've started to think of other theatres within Europe so looking to go to Italy next.


So that's 4 crew for 20pts and the gun another 10pts all in 28mm for 30pts total.

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company- Artizan Designs


Wow, what a beautiful piece. It never fails to surprise me the effort wargamers will go to to make their armies look awesome, and this will certainly add to your existing force. I assume the Screaming Eagle arm patches are decals? Only a madman would try to do those freehand (Please be decals, please be decals...). 

I love the attention you have given to the base, it really turns this piece into a little diorama that would look spectacular in a display cabinet, let alone on the games table. 

I'm adding a point for the excellent base work and two more for the overall quality of this entry. Nicely done sir! 
Lee

14 comments:

  1. That's lovely Christopher, needs to try some Artizan figures, they scrub up reet nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful AT team, Christopher. Lovely brushwork. I look forward to seeing your Italian theater efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great vignette - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work Chris! It‘ll fit in perfectly with the rest of your collection. Looking forward to see it in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes, top shelf brushwork - amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much everyone! No worries Lee they were indeed decals.:-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little AT gun, that basing is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous minis and a lovely base to display them on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic looking mini diorama! Yes I enjoyed the Artizan figures I've painted,you've got a lovely finish on these chaps!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colours and basing Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work, you’ve really hidden those bases.

    ReplyDelete