Tuesday 26 February 2019

From TamsinP - 15mm WW2 Soviets (236 points)



Sticking to WW2 for my second post this week (please don't mess up the order Lee!) [Lee-Whatever are you suggesting young lady?!?], but a change of scale and nationality, here is the start of my 15mm Soviets for Chain of Command. This week I am presenting two rifle platoons and some anti-tank guns.

For the infantry, rather than basing them all singly I have done some as twos and threes, with enough singles to allow casualty removal. Junior leaders are on 20mm squares, senior leaders on 20mm hexes.

The Rifle Platoons

In case you are wondering, I've painted the base rims a different colour for each platoon so that they can be easily identified on the table.



Not sure why it focused on the troops behind instead of the officer!


I also added white marks on the rear of the bases to identify squads.






The Anti-Tank Guns


M1937 45mm AT Guns



The double dice cells are for recording shock and crew casualties. As with the infantry, I've used colour markings on the rear of the bases to help identify which gun is which if more than one of the same type is deployed.


M1942 45mm AT Gun and M1943 76mm Infantry Gun




Zis 2 57mm AT Guns




Zis 3 76mm AT Guns




All the figures and gun models are from the Plastic Soldier Company.

For scoring:

96 x 15mm foot @2 points = 192 points
6 x 15mm prone foot @ 1 point = 6 points
8 x 15mm crew-served weapon @ 4 points = 32 points
Total = 230 points

As Noel has established a lead in the Squirrel Duel that I can't catch, I will probably continue with this project next week - I have some infantry support weapons, a tank rider platoon, some scout sections, and some "spare" figures to paint up. After that I will probably return to finish up my Kra'Vak and early war Aussies. With a generous leavening of pulp of course.

Oh, just a quick heads-up - there might possibly be another post from me this week. [Lee - Three! Goodness gracious, I can't count to three how will I keep em in order?!☺ ]




I like the idea of the base edges painted a different colour to identify the platoons. I may have to use that idea myself at some point. The infantry are wonderful, but I guess I have a thing for big guns and I really like the Anti-Tank pieces you have painted here. 

Incidentally, I've scored the Prone infantry as normal figures, its what I have been doing thus far for other entries and I ought to try and be consistent (for a change)! So that adds an extra six points to your tally for these bringing the total to 236. 
Lee

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful stuff Tamsin. We do winter war WWII in 15mm and find the various base shapes good for identifying troop types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the Rodina!
    Nice work Tamsin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Tamsin - another vote here for skirmish gaming WW2 in 15mm - it's great on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Russians Tamsin. Like the base identifiers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Soviets! The guns are particularly splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Lee - cheers! Consistency in scoring is good, especially when it results in extra points for me :)

    @ Ken - thanks! :)

    @ Martin C - cheers! :)

    @ Curt - thanks! I use rounds for other ranks, squares for junior NCOs and hexes for officers/senior NCOs - I can't remember who I copied that from :)

    @ Paul O'G - cheers! :)

    @ Greg - thanks! And 15mm is very close to the ground scale for Chain of Command :)

    @ Fran - cheers, m'dear :)

    @ Christopher - thanks! :)

    @ Peter D - cheers! :)

    @ Stuart L - thanks! :)

    @ Iain - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I like a Soviet horde.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That gives me inspiration to improve my 15mm

    ReplyDelete