Tuesday 26 February 2019

From MartinC - Bolsheviks in the Jungle! (296 points)

I've been ploughing through my Russian Civil War Bolsheviks this week, Copplestone figures are truly my favourite figures, all are different and they are a joy to paint and cheap. I now have a significant force of infantry and cavalry with AC and artillery support, although the gunners are VBCW figures

Cossack type Cavalry - there will be some fancy cyrillic name


More Cavalry - not very verbose today

Infantry - see above for comment

Sailors, the guy in the hooped top was a bugger to paint

Hammerhead next weekend and I am putting my 1st show participation game. We had a try out this weekend to test to rules and speed of the game. It's a 1930's South Sea island game in the style of "Tales of the Gold Monkey" TV show from the 1980's - admit it you are all old enough to remember it and loved it.

Needed more jungle so got out the last of the clematis cuttings and the terrarium foliage and made more jungle



Finally a water buffalo


Scores on the doors

24 x 28mm inf = 120
15 x 28mm cavalry = 150
1 x 28mm water buffalo = 5
210 cubic inches of jungle = 20

Total 295

TTFN



Very nicely done sir! I like the terrain...I've seen a lot of jungle terrain being built lately. It seems to be in fashion! 
There is an extra point for the flag bringing this up to a total of 296.
Lee

20 comments:

  1. Another tasty little points Grenade 💣💥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Copplestone cavalry. I have a bunch that I need to paint and this gives me great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, cyclically it was your original russian civil war stuff that started me off

      Delete
  3. Those look great Martin and another period I would like to do!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, read Peter Hopkirk's books on the region and it's conflicts, they are great

      Delete
  4. Great looking bolshies Martin, those figures tempt me sorely. I also love the jungle stuff, looking forward to the AARs on that one. And a water buffalo, Curt is this a Challenge first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome looking figures. The sailor's hooped top looks like a painting challenge all by itself. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Bolsheviks! Super terrain and nice water buffalo!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete