Sunday 24 March 2019

KenR : Challenge XI "The Italian Job"


Another Challenge is over, my third and definitely my most successful in terms of productivity, I aimed for 1750 and ended up with 2796 and another solid top ten finish. I was helped greatly by an injury at work, a proper "Blighty" wound, enough to keep me at home but not enough to stop me painting, result !

I didn't waste that spare time and cracked on with my Italian Wars project. This was always going to be the mainstay of this challenge, I just didn't quite realise how much I would get done. I think the Renaissance Side Duel is safe 😁

My personal side goal of 6 Cavalry a week was a real driver and it was great to complete this, ticking over the scoreboard kept me going.


The top picture shows the Army as it stands post challenge (there are 3 Units in there done before the start butI have a game ongoing on the table now so haven't had chance to take another shot). My personal favourite unit is the red and white liveried Papal Pike Block shown above. I have done a full run down of the Army including a video at,

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2019/03/troops-on-parade-italian-wars-papal-army.html


Now you know you have painted too much when you can't get it all in one photo so here are the rest of my Challenge entries (minus some Italian Pre Dreadnoughts) who are now at their new home of my friends house). In fact I had to look back through my posts and had forgotten the Crusades Cavalry had been done in this Challenge.

So thanks very much for another great challenge Curt, I will be donating a few pounds to a local charity German Shepherd Dog Rescue in your honour. They nurse neglected and unwanted GSD back to heath and find them new homes. As a GSD owner all my life I have seen some dogs treated dreadfully especially in the "Security" industry and support the work to give these fantastic working dogs a better life.


Hopefully I will be one of the lucky entrants again next year, pop by Yarkshire Gamer and say hello ! Until next year, all the best. Ken.

29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aha! So now we know the truth - you've been time travelling across 3 Challenges to get all of these done!

      Cracking work and output Ken :)

      Delete
    2. Damn my secret is out 😂 If it wasn't for you meddling kids 👍

      Delete
  2. Superb work Ken. Your Italian Wars project was beautiful to watch unfold and was very inspiring to what could get done in 3 short months. Very suitable charity - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Curt, it was the Challenge what done it 👍

      Delete
  3. Inspiring work Ken. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring stuff Ken! I've been stalking your blog for years and always wondered how you generated so many lovely armies. Well done indeed Sir! Now we want to see that amazing Italian Wars force in action :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, I find painting a great escape from the general stress of life, judging by my output I must be pretty stressed 😁

      Delete
  5. Awesome output and a terrific finish! I agree the papal pike are splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloody amazing Ken! I really enjoyed your work, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. Utterly jaw dropping. My personal highlight of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Italian Wars project has been magnificent to behold. Each and every entry was gorgeous, and your weekly cavalry updates were motivational as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart, that Cavalry a week really kept me moving.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful figures. Truly inspiring. I'm already plotting how I might copy what you've done - I mean, learn from your ideas and adapt them in my own peculiar way. Your gendarmes are amongst my favourites of the whole Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Noel, good luck with your own project.

      Delete
  10. Excellent work that was really great to see the output over time. Well done. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very impressive work, Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Impressive entries for the challenge.
    An excellent way to show of your painting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnificient work Kent! I've enjoyed your Italian wars project no end. One of my favourites this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very impressive Kem! A true extravaganza of color!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete