Thursday 30 January 2020

From AlexK: Calling Miles!! Calling Miles!! (O'Grady's Gulch - 35 Points)

So before I start this entry, I think a little personal information about myself is required. Punctuality, time keeping and memory are not three skills I am associated with, never have been and unless you believe in miracles, they won't be in the future. 

With this in mind, during challenge IX I was involved in a "Keep your powder dry" side duel with several other competitors, it simply involved painting as many points worth of Black powder miniatures as possible...simple. Now I was always aware that having the most points was a very slim possibility, but I wasn't quite ready for the caliber of the competition that participated and I found myself some 2000 points (That's right, 2000, not 200!) behind our eventual winner Miles and his reward for such a victory was that I'd paint a Black Powder for him. I had a lot of gusto to get straight on with Miles' prize after the comp, so I'd picked my figure, prepped and undercoated it and then let it sit there for 12 months.....as I said, time keeping, memory and punctuality.

So here is your prize Miles, an Confederate skirmisher. If I remember correctly its a warlord figure that came with the ACW supplement for Black Powder. I think it has a lot of character and broke up the painting plan a bit, which was nice. All I need now Miles is an address to send him, maybe Curt could help us with that? I hope its been worth the wait and clears my debt. 

I'm hoping this clears O'Grady's Gulch as well. Points wise I think it's 5 for the figure and 30 for the location.














As i stand here on the stairs wondering if I was going up or down and what the hammer in my hand is for I fully understand your condition. I have my own personal experiences with the mighty Miles and feel you pain here as well. The figure is marvellous and I'm sure Miles will love him

Martin

17 comments:

  1. Lovely painting on your Confederate soldier!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin, that sounds like a very poor attempt at a workplace murder excuse.

    "Honest mi'laud, I had no idea I'd done it"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, a very nice atmospheric piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice piece Alex. I too was left far behind in Miles wake in the blood bath that was that particular side duel. never again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent figure and story Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous figure Alex. I really like the autumnal groundwork you did for it. Drop me a note and we'll get it sorted for shipment to Miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice indeed, looks like a tricksy customer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex: What a spectacular figure! I thrilled to receive (and a little blown away by your generosity) . Seeing this post really brightened my day, which had been somewhat glum. Thank you very much.
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Miles, I'll get it in the post sometime next week. I take no responsibility for any die rolls that are associated with figures I have painted, if they go as mine do it'll be "snake eyes" a lot of the time :)

      Cheers, Alex

      Delete
  9. Fabulous paint job on a very characterful miniature

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendid work, Alex - the textiles are especially fine. Groundwork is excellent as well!

    ReplyDelete