Tuesday 21 January 2020

From AlexS: Neanderthals for Cooke's Crevase (55 pts)

Hello everybody! My name is Alex, and I am the main producer of Neanderthal miniatures in Russia. I’m the main one because I’m the only one. I ordered master models and molds from a talented sculptor and I produce these miniatures at my dacha.


These miniatures did not go on sale, and now the important point is that they are painted for the first time. Moreover, they are painted not just like that, but as a tribute of respect and respect to MartinC. He is for me an example of how to work a lot and well in a hobby.


I thought that the unique figures of Neanderthals with stones in their hands is a good idea in order to be able to get out in this place. I specifically made them dirty (well, fine, I don't paint very clean at all, but I tried really hard) and a little doomed. They probably know that they will die out soon ...


You may ask what kind of stones they have in their hands? I don’t know, I’m not a geologist, but I think I got obsidian. May be. And then they can be used to play on the books of George Martin ... How do you like this idea?


points
28mm inf 5x5 = 25
bonus = 30
total - 55

-------
By Paul
Not enough to bring down a fully grown Mammoth to feed the tribe, but this handy little gathering will make the sabertooths and terror birds think twice about attacking!

55 points for you Alex!

11 comments:

  1. These are brilliant Alex! I like the guys with the jawbone. Get his suite size! He looks like he's gong to evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, these are marvellous, and you make them. Would love some of these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'd like a set as well, if you are able.

      Delete
  3. Great work Alex.
    "I'm the main one, because I'm the only one." - I'm hoping to repurpose that line for Horus to use in an upcoming 30k game...always enjoy your posts Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's dedication! Lovely work, Alex, and as a special treat, I'll just leave this here;

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb0ef6NhY74

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Neanderthals! They look splendid, if doomed!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Neanderthals Alex, hey don’t undersell yourself as the main Russian producer. You’ve got to pad your resume. There is a theory that they were assimilated as much as killed off and that we share a reasonable share of their DNA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Peter, in the right light I can certainly see you sharing a reasonable amount of their DNA, for sure. ;P

      Delete
    2. Thanks although I prefer to think of it in terms of having rugged features.

      Delete
  7. Wonderfully unique figures!

    ReplyDelete