Tuesday 21 January 2020

From SebastianR: Taking to the skies (60 points)

From the sandhill, the Snow Peak seemed so tantalizingly close, and yet...

Geezer had decided not to stick around and disappeared, muttering about tourists. I found myself at a camp near the base of the sandhill trying to hitch a ride. Eventually I managed to catch the attention of a passing balloon by discharging the phlebotimiser randomly into the air.

"Next time just call," the pilot told me disapprovingly, handing me her card. "Did you not get your orientation pack?"

"Oh. Is that what that was," I said sheepishly, "I might have used that as firelighters. It was very cold on the sandhill at night."

***

I here present what I thought was a miscellaneous sci-fi WRNS.


It was only after I googled the manufacturer (Savage Core/Ice Age?) that I found out she was some sort of time traveling space nazi, and by then it was too late, I'd already blocked coloured her with a rather fetching shade of sky blue. In hindsight, the big eagles on the folder and the cap should have been a give away.


Besides, this is my Curtgeld (as I believe it's called) and I suppose people might prefer an alt-history WRNS to a time travelling space nazi as a prize.

There's no flock on the base for boring technical reasons, but she will be flocked up soon enough.
 

The only thing that makes her sci-fi is the rather featureless weapon in her right had. It looks more like a drill than anything else. It reminds me rather strongly of a data interface tool I saw in a sci-fi. It might even have been a parody sci-fi like red dwarf. Answers on the back of postcard.

So that's 35 points, 5 for the model and 30 for the challenge

-----
By Paul:
You had me at time travelling space Nazi :-)
Plus another 25 points for Curtgeld so thats 60 points!

7 comments:

  1. You've done yourself out of some points there - you should have had another 25 for it being a Curtgeld! Hopefully Paul can make the necessary adjustments.

    Nice work, and who's to say that by the time they get into space those Nazis haven't switched to a fetching sky blue for their uniforms? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Sebastian. A re-purposed time traveling space nazi? That's a lot going on in just one figure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very fetching Space Nazi, especially when accessorized with her power drill. A great tribute figure for some lucky Challenger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to like about a time travelling space nazi with a whisk? Lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Great Lady Boss!
    🎈Welcome to the Balloon Service🎈

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the blue is quite nice!

    ReplyDelete