Tuesday 21 January 2020

GuyB: Some characters for my D&Ders - Sander's Sandune

I'm currently working on a large batch of minis but suddenly realised I needed to post something! I finished these models about two weeks ago.

I hadn't thought about the challenges, but when I looked through them, I realised I'd completed Sander's Sandunes by accident. The one model is a Talisman plastic Druid from 1994. I'd picked him out to experiment with Citadel Contrast paints. The Ghoul is kitbashed from the plastic cultists.

I'd also done some dwarves using a mix of Tamiya Smoke on bare metal, combined with undercoating the non-metallic bits with a white primer and finishing with more Citadel Contrast to finish. The Dwarves are metal Oathmark ones.

Points? I think that's 25 for five 28mm models and 30 for the challenge?
------
By Paul: 
Some lovely miniatures there Guy, packed with character. 
Those Oathmark Dwarves really appeal to me but I am trying to resist my inner magpie...
That is indeed 55 points for your tally

11 comments:

  1. Nice work Guy! :)

    Sander's sand Dunes? I think you might mean "Millsy's Millpond" for the old school figure. Mind you, I guess there's enough red in the beard and on the fur of that masked dwarf to meet Sander's task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking old school figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on these old school figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamiya Smoke on bare metal? I haven’t seen that done before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Challenge Guy!! Great work on these oldies but goodies (love that druid).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice paintwork Guy, I have some of the Talisman figures lined up for painting too!

    ReplyDelete