Wednesday 22 January 2020

From SanderS - Aeronautica (20 points)

Hoi There,

Let me start with apologising to you Challengers: life has turned me a nasty trick as I have been absent for over two weeks due to correcting tests (I am a teacher) and other real-life related stuff. Therefore I have been unable to reply to new posts, and boy have you guys been busy! There's some truly great stuff added to the Challenge pages recently which is all a joy to behold.

During the last two or three days I have been trying to paint some figures to enter here. The first entry is my 28mm Avenger Strike fighter. This is not an original model it's a 3d print. You can get the files on Thingiverse and I had it printed at school.










Choosing the right colourscheme proved to be the biggest challenge (apart from the rear-heavy stubber barrel breaking off and me not having a replacement) since I couldn't choose.  The problem was I wanted to use them with my Sisters of Battle army (it's in the unofficial codex now replaced with the new official one) and I had seen great schemes in Inquisition colours of red and black. Yet I wanted to be able to use it as a regular Navy craft as well.

In the end I decided to give it a yellow-sand colour with Inquisition band markings along the tail and wing-tips. This should imply it's inducted to serve the Imperial Inquisition. It's a big and hefty piece not being resin and all but I really like it!



Cheers Sander
-----
By Paul:
Death from Above indeed!  Looks great Sander.  

I like the colours - coupled with the WW2-esque design I find it reminiscent of early WW2 Luftwaffe aircraft over North Africa. Cool!

20 points well earned

14 comments:

  1. Very cool Avenger, Sander! I quite like the sand colour that you went with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose it because my second favourite Imperial Guard unit is the Narmenian Armoured units and they are sand coloured.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I actually want a print of all different fighter types...

      Delete
  3. Excellent and novel stuff. (Yep I'm a luddite when it comes to technology!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, me too. I just have friends who are very capable.

      Delete
  4. Great work Sander - glad to have you firing in the posts once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking strike craft!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, I can't decide whether I like this one best or the Thunderbolt

      Delete