Wednesday 1 January 2020

From TeemuL: Mentor Reivers (25 points)

The last painted miniatures from 2019, finished on the evening, but I didn't have time or energy to take pictures and write until this morning.


This is a group of 5 Space Marine Primaris Reivers, from the box Fangs of Ulrich. They are generic marines, although painted as Space Wolves in the box. I decided to paint them as Mentors. Mentors are a secretive and suspicious chapter, number 888, which is rarely seen in big force, rather as kill teams or task forces, units attached to other, inferior, chapters. They are the best of the best, so ideal for Kill Team.


We are starting a Kill Team campaign this year, Chaos vs Imperium. I am half the organizing force, so to avoid problematic situations I will have forces ready on both sides. My Chaos Space Marines will hopefully be ready soon.


I sprayed them with Wraithbone and then painted the Green areas with Ork Flesh. Then the white areas Ushabti Bone followed by heavy drybrush of Army Painter white. Tidy up with Ork Flesh. Grey is Basilicanum Grey, I didn't want their blades to be too bright, these are smart guys anyway. Chapter icon is free hand as well as the squad marking (looks bad, felt bad and then I realized I was using too big brush...). I left them as a cruel memory... They all have a campaign badge as well (transfer), in the future I will paint more squads from other chapter(s) with the same badge and create a Crusader army, but kill team is enough for now.

5 miniatures for 25 points, or should these Primaris marines be scored as bigger ones?


i do like the colour scheme on these lads . to be fair my knowledge on these is limited to the stuff i did a long time ago , so its nice to see peoples take on newer stuff. so its a base 25 points with an extra 5 for the pain of painting badges!

13 comments:

  1. It's great to see some Mentor Marines again. When I worked for GW, about a decade ago now, my first task was paint a super army of them. Best of luck with the Kill Team campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Teemu. I like the shoulder patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour scheme looks great, Teemu. Nice painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking bunch of space marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking colour combination, Teemu. Good luck with them in your upcoming campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice colour scheme, back in the day I did a load of green & white Eldar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the first appearance of the Mentors in White Dwarf so always nice to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading some old White Dwarf a while ago, it had a story about Mentors and liked the fluff and their colors and decided to give them a try. They look bit Biel-Tan. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm a big fan of the Reiver models and I really like your take on them - hope they reward you in the campaign with glorious victories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, cool, the Mentors. As Jamie says, these bring back many memories! Neat to see the scheme applied to the newer models.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see the less common chapters!

    ReplyDelete