Wednesday 1 January 2020

From MattK: Reidy's Reef Ancient Navy and some Ghosts (68 points)

At long last, I'm entering the Challenge Island. As mentioned previously Poseidon's Warriors was one of the games I wanted to try this winter. My hopes are to use the rules as part of a huge Punic Wars campaign sometime down the road. I did finally got around to setting up my portable light booth. I definitely still need more light but I think I'm on the right track here.Let me know if it's working.

So first up, 6 quinquireme's I think. These are 1/600 scale models I got from Wargames Vault and 3d printed in Resin. I read somewhere that they tore the sails down when they actually went to battle so I decided to skip the sails on these (so no bonus points there). These are gaming models for me and I gave them a very quick paint job accordingly. I've decided I'm going to go with a generic "red" navy and a generic "blue" one which should work perfectly for gaming.


So here are the first 6 boats for the project. There's a scenario I want to try in the Poseidon's Warrior book that will need 30 in total but I wanted to start my trek into the island. As an aside, I love the challenge island because without it, I have no idea when I would've gotten to this project.

Over the New Years break I also managed to get the newish King of The Dead and the Heralds of the Dead box set for Lord of the Rings. These are incredible simple paint jobs to match the rest of my army.




So 3 x 28mm foot for 15
30 Points for Reidy's Reef
5 Bonus Points because it's a new project for you at Reidy's reef  (First boat models I've ever painted)
18 Points for the 6 1/600 scale boats.

Thanks everyone, and Happy New Year!


Welcome along Matt, i do like the sound of printing the ships. i have adjusted your points estimates to give a total of 68 points. 


9 comments:

  1. Nice work on the triremes, may you reconsider on the sails?
    Like what you did with the undead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of naval gaming, nice work on the galleys. Sails were furled during battle, but many gamers field their galleys wth sails for the looks of things. Seriously nice undead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice triremes and spooks, Matt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool ships and I really like your undead as well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work on the King of the Dead and his heralds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice triremes - sometimes a simple approach is actually the most effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice galleys, love the undead!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve got some Army of the Dead I need to paint up. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete