Thursday 9 January 2020

From TomM: Zarbag's Gitz (45 points)

Well, funny little story here for these guys...


Because they weren`t really planned to be entered this Challenge, more on the pile of "if I have time left after the planned entries".


But then last saturday, I read about an Underworlds tournament here in Antwerp taking place beginning of february, and decided to sign up.  Realising I only played with the starter decks and bands of season 1 so far, and that more then a year ago, I asked someone on the club to give me a crash course tomorrow evening.


Only to realise then I don`t have any painted warbands, and I`m not playing anything unpainted ever...  And it got better in that I only had sunday morning, wednesday end thursday evening to paint, varnish and picture them.


So these pictures are literally made half an hour after the final colour and varnish dried...

But I pulled it off, and they are now ready to take to the strange lands of Underworlds.

And knock 45 points to my tally ;-)

From DaveD. Now thats what we like to see - the power of a deadline is always great .. of course they run away -- but you know that! 


10 comments:

  1. Great warband - looks set for some highly unpredictable action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking gobbos, especially considering your time constraints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Tom.
    And I must say, I always enjoy stories of how Challengers with "plans" suddenly find they need to blow them up or ignore them. This makes me feel much better about my own completely "planning-free" approach to the Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, especially given the short timeline. Good luck with the tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this entry. This is TOTALLY how I roll. Plan for a game and then go absolutely mental getting everything done to actually pull it off. I also prescribe to your mantra of 'No unpainted minis on the tabletop'. A great rule to hobby by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like night goblins; nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking night goblins!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done getting a fully painted warband done in such a short space of time.

    ReplyDelete