Friday 17 January 2020

From BenitoM: Legatus Cebigbosus Curtgeld Entry (35 points)

At the speed at which I'm cruising  this year's Challenge I doubt very much that I'm gonna get a ticket by the Challenge police. It's been some time now since I submitted my last entry and finally today I can present my Curtgeld fee entry to the competition and just in the limit to be out of the compeition (uuuf!).



This is a Legatus or Legion supreme commander and inspired by the Asterix comics series I have christened him as Cebigbosus. I think a very appropriate name considering his top position in the food commanding chain. I expect Cebigbosus to lead the Roman forces in any Infamy! Infamy! game in the future.



This is a plastic model from the Victrix Early Imperial mounted commanders box. As in the case of the Auxilia in my workbench, the sculpting is outstanding, noting in this specific case the high quality of the faces.



The Legatus wears muscle cuirass and white cloak. There is some debate on whether the cloak was scarlet instead, but not definitive conclusions. I chose the white and tried for the first time the (in?)famous Citadel contrast paints on it. This don't look bad ata all but I see very little difference between these paints and the old-fashioned inks... we'll see.



With this entry I should earn 35 points
10 points for a mounted figure + 25 Curtgeld bonus

Now, time to get back to work in my island safari tour and get ready my second entry for Millsy's Millpond (wish me luck this weekend!) 

 

Beautiful figure and painting Benito. I'm sure he'll take pride of place in the army of whoever receives him. And if they don't have a Roman force, I'm sure he'll inspire the purchase of one.

TamsinP

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic model and very delicate painting. I wouldn't worry about the time it takes you to paint when the results are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Roman commander, he's excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful mini - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work Benito, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking mini, the white is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab job, especially on the horseflesh which is never easy to get right.

    I too am awaiting the Lardies Infamy! Infamy! From what I've heard it's a fantastic set that is sort of between skirmish and large battle level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely figure, Benito. It will be a wonderful prize to some lucky Challenger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely work on this figure Benito, any one would be really lucky to get him. Great base work too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful figure and whoever will receive it in the end I‘m sure will love it. Glad you‘ve made it before the cut off date. Would have missed your entries.

    ReplyDelete