Thursday 13 February 2020

From Brettm Epic 30K (Burch's Bluffs) (34pts)

Moving along Challenge Island..


I am now coming up on Burchs Bluffs

I had planned on several tanks and speeders painted up. However as I was printing these on my printer, the print turned out rubbish and was only able to salvage these two. In fact my resin printer is now down for the count till I can either get replacement parts or order a new one. 

So without further talk of printers dying on me. Below are two entries to my "soon to be" army of Emperors Children for 30k. 


Speeder bike came out great imo. Was also very easy to print.



The tank here I had some issues with on the back treads on the print. However no one checks out of the back of the tank! Its all about the guns!  



As of now I'm keeping the tanks off bases. See how that works out. Thats how I have all my FOW tanks done. However the smaller scale may be better based. Kinda torn on this.

For points we are at +30 for Burch's Bluffs and 4 points for the 2mm vehicles. Onward to Murdy's Mesa!

I am unsure about 3-D printing, think it's beyond my capablity and needs to be much more idiot proof. These have come out great and I love the colour scheme

Martin

13 comments:

  1. Great stuff Brett - that pruple shade you have used here is magic! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the speeder and the tank looks great too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you’re able to sort out your issues with the printer. They can be a little diva like at times. That said your Emperors Children have turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Brett, as Greg says, your purple is terrific on these. Sorry to hear about your printer. I've run so much stuff through mine that I'm waiting for it to throw in the towel - for the amount of fun I've had out of it it really doesn't owe me anything. What model did you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an Elegoo Mars. Motor is messed up and wont go up anymore. Regreased it and everything. Not sure if i want to go with an Anycubic photon S or the Elegoo mars pro when its available again. Don't use it that much to get anything more expensive. Love it for these kind of things.

      Delete
    2. Byron, Nick and I have the Anycubic. Love mine and it was cheap as chips considering how expensive they were a few years ago.

      Delete
  5. Nice results Brett, love the purple. Hopefully your printer comes back from the dead or replaced shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on your traitors, they look splendid (as Emperors Children should).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Brett, hope you can get back to printing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is taking DIY to a new level - excellent work on these empurpled Emperor's Children!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really is a kinky colourscheme, but you have made it work magnificently!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I think I will get a resin printer at some point.

    ReplyDelete