Thursday 13 February 2020

From PaulSS - Men at Arms in the service of Baron Talbot


This post sees the return of the Hundred Years War project that I spent a lot of time on during Painting Challenge IX.

I've collected more than enough figures to do a good sized re-fight of Agincourt using either To The Strongest! or Hail Caesar, but why stop there, so I've picked up three more boxes of the Perry Miniatures plastics plus half a dozen packs of the metals, so it's off I go again.


These figures represent a contingent of English Men at Arms in the service of Baron Talbot. The banner is from Battleflag

The Men at Arms are all from the Agincourt Foot Knights set while the banner bearer and musician are from the Foot command advancing set.


As usual the plastics are a delight to assemble, although that war-hammer snaps every time, and the metals are a bugger to clean up, but all take paint really well.

I did my usual basecoat, wash, three highlights method that gives a result on these that I'm very happy with.

The sabot bases were a custom order from Warbases.


I've a last few ACW figures to paint then the rest of the challenge should see more of these.

A dozen 28mm foot plus a banner should add me 61pts to my total.



It's great to see some more of your lovely 100 Years War figures. I do hope there will be some more this year.

TamsinP

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful HYW types Paul, I’d like to see more of these please! How do you deal with a snapped war hammer, I’ve had similar issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, more on the way.
      I cut back the shaft to the hand, drill a small hole in the hand, trying not to lose too much detail, then glue the remainder of the Warhammer into the hole.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic stuff Paul. "Why stop there?" Exactly! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Make me want to open another box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent as all the previous figures were! Indeed why stop there, you can never have enough!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are superb Paul, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool! Can we have your receipe for that awesome dark armour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander.
      Grey primer
      Base-coat mix of 25% VMC black 75% VMC Gunmetal Grey
      aP strong tone
      Glaze Gunmetal Grey
      Glaze Gunmetal Grey & Silver
      Final glaze more silver

      Delete
  7. Very well done Paul! The dark armour looks top notch and just like the examples I've only recently seen in the Germanisches Nationalmuseum Nürnberg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Thanks for sharing your recipe above.

    ReplyDelete