Thursday 13 February 2020

Thursday's Minion is....

Knackered. It's been a bull week at work and another meeting filled day tomorrow. If I had a pound for every hour I spent in a meeting, I be considerably poorer than I am now.



Diamonds are easy to make, 725,000 psi and 1400C. When they 1st started making diamond they tried loads of substances as a starting material and peanut butter was best, and crunchy was better than smooth.
Of course the problem with diamond is that it is not the most stable from of carbon, graphite is the most stable. You will now know for the rest of your life that expensive diamond you bought is slowly turning into a pencil.

10 comments:

  1. Every day is a school day! Have a great Thursday Martin!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean pencils are a girl's best ex-friends?

    Have a great day Martin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meetings, the enemy of productivity.
    I stepped back from my last promotion at work with the comment of "I'd like to be able to do some work"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating. Love these Thursday lessons Marin. Nonetheless, 'The Hope Pencil' just doesn't have he same ring to it, does it? But as an archivist I do like the byline 'Pencils are Forever'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cartoon - but those don't look like peanuts. Or lumps of coal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good day Martin. My wife’s ring has a sapphire- hopefully that’s a more stable gemstone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is but is posh corundum and is much easier to make than diamond. Very beautiful though. Opal my favourite

      Delete