Tuesday 25 February 2020

From IannickM : Ysopé of Kuldan and another balloon ride...(5 points)

A small offering this week, the obligatory passage fee to take a ballon ride to my next destination, "Millsy's Millpond". This is another of those miniature representing an RPG character from my game of Fighting Fantasy, this time Ysopé of Kuldan, of the Cat people of the jungle of Silur Cha. My deal with my players is that they each get a painted version of their character, one that they get to keep once the campaign is over.

Ysopé is a warrior-priestess of Courga, the Goddess of grace and agility. An all-offensive type of gal, she fights with two swords and doesn't care much for defense! Good thing for her she has another priestess on her team, who's become quite used to healing the intrepid feline. 

She is a newly addition to the party, and fits quite well in the group. My friend Emmanuelle wanted to know what all that RPG fuss was all about, and oh surprise another convert! She's been really enjoying the game so far. 
The figure is from the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures range, my first time painting these. As anticipated, the details are a bit soft and the casting could be better, and as such the range would not be my first choice. However it was by far the most resembling figure I could find to match Emmanuelle's character. The two swords is a nice touch, she was very pleased with this! As usual, colours, etc. are a dead match to what my players described. It makes for an interesting exercise, as I don't get a say in the colours I use! She took a bit of careful work to get her soft details right but Emmanuelle is very happy with it, she got to use it last week during a dungeon crawl and here you go, another happy player hooked on that RPG shit for life. I would've made a GREAT missionary.

So...just 5 points for a 28mm figure, its my second use of the balloon so no extra points. Is she the first feline to enter Sarah's challenge? I hope so.

 See you on the pond.

By Paul: One balloon ticket coming right up!

11 comments:

  1. 🎈oh, the Cat -Lady is deadly fabulous and definitely a first for Sarah’s Choice entrant,🎈
    Balloons-away to the next Island Destination 🍹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cat lady, and I’m glad that your fiend liked her figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful figure Iannick! It's great that you have another addition to your RPG group. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great brush work Iannick, and well done on the recruiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Venice colour combo Iannick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking cat woman!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete