Tuesday 25 February 2020

From Barks: Camelorum virumque cano (44 points)

Exterior, Fort Djelibeybi, night. An unusually warm evening breeze wafts exotic scents to our heroes.

Caporal Milsois: Mon dieu, Mon Commandant! Can you hear… music?

Commandant Docherté: Oui, Caporal! It is… strangely familiar.

Caporal Milsois: It sounds like a sousaphone!

Commandant Docherté: Sacre bleu! I have heard this before! I was lost in the desert and I followed the music of this haunting, erotic polka. I found a gorgeous dusky maid wearing a veil, with the deepest, brownest eyes, the longest eyelashes, and an oddly fetching hunch… When I awoke, a friendly patrol found me all alone.

Caporal Milsois: Mon Commandant, let us follow the sousaphone! Allons-y!

Exeunt omnes.

Dear reader, I shall draw seven veils over the subsequent scene.

Observe how the eyes follow you





Nic Robson gave me a very wary look as I bought La Légion Étrangère Camel Sousaphone off him at CanCon last month.

"Don't judge me!" I screamed in his face, "You sell this!"

About 24h after I had ordered the above, I found these two 15mm Naked Camels from Irregular. I shall call them Michael and Dave.


1x 28mm 5 points
2x 15mm camels 4 points
Including Millsy & Docherty 5 points
Docherty's Dock 30 points

And he wept, for there were no more lands to conquer.
-------
By Paul

Impressive! Of course, Long John and friends toured the whole of their Treasure Island only to find that X no longer marked the spot.  Got any cheese to trade for the gold? :-)

Lovely camels and why am I not surprised that the Sousaphone is a Nic Robson special?  Not sure that those camels are in fact Michael and Dave - not enough lipstick is showing for them being stranded in the lonely desert. But given the lack of skulls I shall grant you the benefit of the doubt!

PS Nice Alexander the Great Quote! Of course, Shakespeare would probably wax lyrical about the "Undiscovered Country"...

PPS But doest thee Cranium virumque cano?

10 comments: