Friday 28 February 2020

From MartinC Piper's DON'T Peak (79pts)

Like most of us during the challenge we acquire random figures that we don't get round to posting. Most of these are started when we squeeze out too much paint.This year we use them to navigate around the island but I have now run out of different figure types to fulfill other locations. I am sans boats, 15mm scifi or even floppy hats and I had to look up Horus Heresy (think I may be a heretic!).
So in an effort to clear my desk so that I can produce a massive 10mm paint bomb - that may be an oxymoron - I have decided to post them now.

This beauty is a 40mm high Balrog from Grenadier made in 1986 (been to Millsy's Millpond). I didn't buy it then but acquired it in the last few years in a job lot





This 40mm Amazonian Warrior also came in job lot and was an entry figure for Salute - never been there either. I've also been in a balloon and although Sarah is an amazing pilot the inflight bubbles go up my nose



This Damsel is from Dark Sword Miniatures. They are very expensive - £7 each but I bought this and many others in a Northstar sale for £1 each. 



Alex posted some Neanderthals he had made earlier in the challenge and he very generously sent me some. So I painted them up and they look cool

Finally the optimistic theme of the post


Another Medusa. DON'T PEEK. Hope that passes muster and as the Chief Flight Attendant is on duty tomorrow I'm optimistic
Scores on the Doors

2x 40mm = 14
7x 28mm = 35
Peaky Bonus = 30
= 79pts


Well, she definitely passes muster even though the theme is "taking a peek" rather than "not taking a peek". An excellent collection of random figures.

TamsinP

16 comments:

  1. Nice bunch of figures Martin. That Balrog is wonderful as is your damsel. Looking forward to your 10mm paint bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection of odd characters!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin! Your work is beautiful! It is a great honor for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, thank you so much for the generous gift. They will roam around the edges of the Himalayas and other far off places providing opposition for various explorers, villagers and dinosaurs

      Delete
  4. That is a very recognisable story! The figures are top notch Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice figure, and nicely painted too, but it can't be a balrog as it's got wings. The ladies are very cool. Even if I get the feeling that the taily one is staring at me in a funny way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, you are correct but I would take it up with Grenadier as that's what they call it and my fanasty lore is at best ropey

      Delete
  6. Great set if figures Martin. Love the Medusa figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking group of lovely, lethal ladies, I particularly like the Medusa🎈

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stuff, and great bargain on the Dark Sword figure!

    ReplyDelete