Friday 28 February 2020

Nick Parks on Snow Lord's Peak



The clown car crests the summit and comes to a rattling stop next to the Herdstone water feature. The door bursts open and Nick unfolds himself from the driver's seat. He walks around the pond, vigorously shaking out his legs to restart his circulation. 


This week's Snow Lord's Peak brought to you by Mount Edith Clavel, Alberta.
The Snow Lord watches this all of this with some amusement. 'That car seems a tad tight for you, Nick. Let me guess, it's 1/56th scale, right?'

'Not another word, you blue-skinned snow cone. I will always maintain this is the one true scale.'

The Snow Lord makes a motion, locking his lips with this fingers and throwing away the key. He smiles at Nick beatifically. 

Nick harrumphs, 'Now, were is this vaunted treasure? What do I have to do to get it? Come on, I'm in a bit of hurry as I need to get the car back to the Shriners before supper.'

'The Snow Lord sits on top of the tiny vehicle and mimics Rodin's 'The Thinker'. Nick rolls his eyes. 

After a minute the blue creature looks up 'Okay, I have one for you. Back in 2015 you did up an amazing squad of Viet Minh, all done in sepia greyscale.



That submission gave you the Challengers' Choice award that year and you had mentioned that this would be part of a larger project. So, let's see you build on this effort, treating us to another unit, vehicle or vignette from the First Indochina War.'

_______________________________________________


Okay Nick, break out your grey paints and show us some of your sepia tone magic. 

-Curt


10 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing some more of these lovely figures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is exiting! Good luck Nick!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I would like to see more of this!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, looking forward to this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. these were my favourite figures from all the challenges I've been in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fine challenge! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, that’s apparently what you get when not into the „bigger is better“ mindset... my clown car and I are off to sharpen the brushes!
    Really need to remember to return that wonderfully proportioned vehicle to their rightful owners on the way home though. Or else I've to put up with those monstertrucks in 1/48 they keep telling me about:

    https://www.cartoonstock.com/cartoonview.asp?catref=CC139509

    and I really don't have big enough a driveway for that beast ;-)

    ReplyDelete