Friday 28 February 2020

EricM-28mm Late Roman Cataphracts (168 points)

 This week I am rolling out the heavy metal.  I was able to finish two small units of Wargames Foundry cataphracts.  While I like the figures, I am not a huge fan of the two part riders that connect at the torso.  I think the torso connection creates variety, I can see the possibility of them coming apart.

Here is the first unit




 I went a little crazy and painted the lances just to break up all the metal

Here are some close ups.






The second unit is a little more vibrant




I am not as happy with the shields on the second unit as I am the first.  Painting lines in a circle are defiantly my Achilles heel.


Here is the class picture


16-28mm Cavalry.

Thanks for looking 



Those cataphracts look simply smashing Eric. I'm going to award you a few bonus points for the hand-painted shield designs.

TamsinP













13 comments:

  1. That’s a thundering herd of cataphractii, lovely stuff. Great work on the shields and kontos (what is the plural of kontos?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely especialy the sheilds and lances

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking cataphracts! I've got the same figures unprimed, glowering at me in a cupboard, I thought it was just me worrying about their torso's, lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking job on these little guys - very colourful and will stand out on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart looking riders, the Lance's look absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree ... love the figures and lances especially. Feel I am going to have to repaint my unit weapons now - these look so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Eric, live the two tone Lance's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful vibrant colours on these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work - can't beat Roman heavy cavalry, really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great Eric, a terrific unit!

    ReplyDelete