Thursday 14 January 2021

From Dallas: Rebel Minis Beastmen (40 points)

Looking back at my Challenge entries this year, it's a bit surprising that most of them are fantasy-themed miniatures. Surprising mainly because as a gaming group, we haven't played a fantasy battle game for years. However, most of the stuff I'm painting is skirmish stuff - adventurers, fantasy monsters, that sort of thing. These models will certainly come in handy once we start gaming again - especially once I work up a multi-player Otherworld skirmish game for the lads. I'll have plenty of warbands and monsters to deploy - adventurers/murder hobos, orcs, beastmen, monsters... great stuff and all fitting with the OSR role-playing theme.









Anyway, these 28mm models from Rebel Minis have been in the Plano case for some time, and it's long since time they were painted. They went up pretty fast, all told, and will be good for 40 more points in the Challenge. No special theme room for these guys but I have some themed entries coming up soon. And by my count that should take me to 260 points and a shade more than halfway towards my goal.

Stay safe everyone!

 

10 comments:

  1. Great work Dallas! I really like that first beastman with the sword in the ready pose - so cool. I ordered Otherworld's rules and look forward to trying it out with the guys when we're allowed to be human again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Dallas. For my part, your fantasy submissions have all triggered a lot of nostalgia, and that has been great fun.

    Murder Hobos FTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Dallas. Funny this came up today, I was just looking at the otherworlds figures and rules today being all nostalgic about the game with everyone at prairiecon a few years ago. While these are nice, I still call dibs on the pig faced orcs when we get to play again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun wasn't it Byron! Hope we can get at it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking beastmen, loads of character!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on these beast men Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice work on this little warband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Dallas, very beasty!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete