Thursday 14 January 2021

...NOT 6mm!


I've hit a bit of a brickwall with my painting. I'm not sure if it's the new lockdown or just post Christmas funk. Anyway, I thought a change would be as good as a rest. Having painted nearly 2,000 6mm ACW over the last couple of months, it was probably about time for something different.

As well as 6mm historical wargaming, my other passion is sci fi and fantasy games, principally those produced by Mantic Games. Deadzone and Kings of War are two of their best selling games and I love them both!

I have large stashes of figures for both games and so dug into the to do pile. First up is a Strike Team for Deadzone. They are the Nameless, a strange and enigmatic race from beyond the stars. Their intentions within the 'Deadzone' universe are unkown. They're called the Nameless by virtue of the fact that no one is able to decipher the language that they speak! Anyway, these have been painted in the vain of the Geiger Alien artwork and was influenced by the excellent Midwinter Minis Youtube channel.


These are a Elves from Mantic Games, based as a Regiment for Kings of War and form the first unit of my next Kings of War army. I've tried something different with these as well. I wanted a sort of ethereal look to them which I'm npot sure I've pulled of to be honest. But they'll do. I used mainly contrast paints, inks and drybrushing and they were fairly quick to do. The snowy theme is to fit in with them fighting in the northern wastes. Not sure what I'll be doing next for them but I've got a ton of sprues to sort through for inspiration.


 Total 41 figures @ 5pts each = 205pts.

Most likely back to 6mm ACW next to finish off the first part of that project.

Kepe safe, play nice, and keep talking about six.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome. Excellent miniatures nicely painted. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the frosty elves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice aliens and great looking elves, I think they work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not 6mm and very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't tell anyone there not 6mm 😁 whoops I just have 👍 nice to see you branching out
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's qn inspired choice of colours. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gribbly aliens and spooky elves, well done.

    ReplyDelete