Thursday 14 January 2021

From Barks: Discworld witches (53 points)

Terry Pratchett’s witches are a crucial part of his rural communities. Each one brings her own style to their role of combined village doctor, midwife, veterinarian, and defender of the voiceless.


These 40mm figures are from Micro Arts Studio in Poland and can be used for the Witches boardgame. They represent teenage apprentice witches. I'm quite happy with the lantern- I used Iyanden Yellow Contrast then a little bit of white in the centre.

Tiffany Aching

Annagramma Hawkin

Dimity Hubbub

Petulia Gristle


I was going to eke these out for various Sorceress Sarah uses, but couldn’t resist getting them all out in one go.

4x 40mm figures: 28 points
Teleporter use: 20 points
Sorceress bonus: 5 points

20 comments:

  1. Really very nice. Excellent work. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looking witches, they're ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these witches Barks. The Tiffany books are faves at our house. There is also a Witches game which is good fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm re-reading them at the moment. The game is in my collection but doesn't get enough table time!

      Delete
  4. Great job, great models 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. those ladies are really beautifully painted! I have Granny, Nanny and Magrat in my cue somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should see if I can acquire them for completeness...

      Delete
  6. These are excellent, I particularly like Tiffany and Petulia, I read those four books again only a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shepherd's Crown is particularly touching.

      Delete
  7. Smashing work, the faces are very well painted and full of expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie, the focus is a bit off unfortunately.

      Delete
  8. I admit that I haven't read any Discworld books in a good long while, so I have no idea who these are. Lovely looking minis though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany is the main hero- 'Wee Free Men' is her starting novel.

      Delete
  9. Classic stuff, I like the dulled grey you achieved

    Cheers
    Natt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natt- black is hard to get right, quickly.

      Delete