Saturday 30 January 2021

KenR : The Chamber of Darkness : The Bouncer 27 pts

 

I'm continuing to stumble through the upper reaches of the Chambers whilst others sprint through the Finish Line ! I've got a couple of weeks off work at the moment so I might get ahead of schedule and be able to dip into the Chambers at bit more towards the end of March.


I quite enjoyed my little greyscale adventure and the figure suited it nicely. Most football clubs have bouncers to eject you from the ground for causing trouble, at Bradford City we employ them to make sure you don't leave 😉  This lad has an extendable noose just in case someone slips out, they can be rapidly caught and returned to their personal seat and be restrained for the rest of the game 🤣

To keep the Bradford City theme going from my previous posts in the Chambers I've allowed myself a tiny bit of leeway adding a claret and Amber club tie to the lad.


The figure itself comes from the Malifaux game and the Jack Daw crew which I have used so far throughout the Chambers. The model is massive just over 50mm tall so I have claimed the extra points for size, so 10 for the model and 20 for the Chamber.


I had assorted fun trying to photograph this fig, but managed some semi reasonable shots in the end. I'm just finishing the basing on 32 Principes and have got a lovely Burger Van model from Ainsty so I can complete Level 1 with my Bradford City theme, Bantam Burger and Chips anyone !

22 comments:

  1. Great looking greyscale bouncer! Love the tie!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fellow, I’m certainly staying put!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise move, he does have a bit of a temper 😁

      Delete
  3. This is just fabulous Ken. The tie really sets everything off nicely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, the tie does give an air of respectability 😁

      Delete
  4. Nice choice for the CoD Len, and impressive keeping the theme going across motley figures.

    Wary of scoring creep, and the fundamental importance (to Miles) of keeping the Mathemagic accurate, I’m exercising Minion powers to score him at 7 points. Malifaux being a 32mm heroic game, jumping two range bands seems a bit much to me. Sorry Ken , back to those brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I was going off the size of the figure I'd painted (which is 50mm plus) rather than the average size of the figs in the rules. This lad is nearly twice the size of my other Malifaux crew 👍

      Delete
  5. Brilliant work Ken, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good fun with the Bradford City theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely greyscale Ken - creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A creepy looking fellow, but a cheery looking bit of neck attire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sharp contrast looks really good, almost comic book-like in its intensity and perfect for this figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jamie, it was fun to do something different 👍

      Delete
  10. I’m loving this theme Ken. Great work on the greyscale and the club tie is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could not tell from the photo - is that a half Windsor knot on the tie?? Great stuff - Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete