Tuesday 9 February 2021

From Gary Amos: AB Prussians (16x2pts, 1x4pts = 36 pts)

After much delay and buggeration, I've attached the latest unit for the Challenge. It's 1st Battalion, Prussian IR11 Schoning, comprising 16 foot figures and 1 mounted figure (haven't counted the cannon ball).


Big delays for a variety of reasons, but this unit entailed some messing around as it's a scratch outfit built from figures which were part of another project which I swerved and, unusually for me, I didn't have enough to make a tlddly little battalion. So, being on the parsimonious side, I've gathered together odds and sods and donated a cannon ball ;O). The unit will form part of the advance guard of the division when it gets to the table, which doesn't reflect any actual structure used at the time, but will be useful in a game.


Anyway, here are the two surviving photos (yes, I'm that bad at photography):



 Well, as some people wanted more photos, I've added a few:







 

 

14 comments:

  1. Well they're all rather gorgeous, it would have been nice to have one more picture at least? As they're so nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...I'm off to order some AB figures...thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look fabulous Gary! I love how dynamic the composition looks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work, does need more photos to show off it's fabulousness

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW Gary, I've scored these as 20mm models as I think they are closer to that scale than 15mm. So 72 Points! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your generosity is only exceeded by your good looks and general savoir faire. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. They are great, the scenic effect is actually rather brilliant. Parsimony certainly pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are smashing Prussians. Makes me want to do Nappys in 15s again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great unit Gary, I love it when people take that extra bit of time to bring a unit to life, great figure selection, painting and basing 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken, but you pay me a bigger compliment than I deserve. I was just too tight to see a handful of figures end up in the odds box. That's it for the moment cos I'm back to churning out musketeers and grenadiers now. ;O)

      Delete
  9. I've buckled under the generous compliments and added some more photos. I don't think David Bailey would have had anything to worry about, but I'm afraid that's the best I can do.

    ReplyDelete