Tuesday 9 February 2021

From StuartL - Too Many Duels - 60 Points

Hello again.
For my second entry for today, I have some side-duel related pictures to post. Rather than make multiple posts for small submissions, I figured that I would save some time and get them all up together.


First up, a pair of Warhammer 30,000 Imperial Fists. I am not doing an army of these models, but a forum I am a member of has an Imperial Fists themed painting event running and I intend to submit these minis to it. (AHPC gets the first look at them, naturally). These two will serve as special characters in my games of 30K at some stage I suppose.


These five minis are Gripping Beast's plastic Anglo-Saxons. I currently have a large Anglo-Saxon army already painted, so these will simply be added to the pile. I really need to get more Vikings and Normans done for Stamford Bridge and Hastings scenarios. Maybe in the next challenge.


Last year I painted a small force of AWI continentals for Rebels and Patriots. When I started that project, I bought masses of minis from the Perrys, including some metal militia figures, with the goal of fighting the Guilford Courthouse scenario at some point. The Perrys do some great figures and these were a lot of fun to paint. As a rule, I prefer to paint figures in uniform colours as I can batch paint them very easily, so I wasn't particularly looking forward to this batch. Now that they are done, I'm pleased with how they turned out. I still have a load more of them to paint, but I doubt it will happen before the end of the challenge.

Anyway, 12x 28mm minis puts an extra 60 points onto my total for today.
As these are the first entries for the AWI and Dark Ages that I have posted, they net me two Squirrels. The marines are neither a unique entry, nor large enough to count for that side duel though. As GW minis they do add 10 points to my GW duel and the guy with the back pack mounted symbol is rocking 5 skulls all by himself. 

My running Duels totals:
GW Points - 806
Skullz - 451
Squirrels - 15

8 comments:

  1. Oo yes Perry’s. Splendid paint jobs on all. .
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see those Imperial fists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great figures here, I particularly like the Anglo-Saxons. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great variety, really like those militia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff. Those Sphace marines look great with the round lumps on the legs. Not often seen. cheers

    ReplyDelete